02 November 2009

HaLloWeEn

For Halloween we went to Utah and spent time with Jesse's family. We stayed at Jesse's sister's house and had a lot of fun. On Saturday we let the kids play and then we took them trick or treating. After that we played some more and then all passed out in to a nice sugar induced coma. So without further delay, here are the pictures! (I took a few so be prepared.)

Jenny as Betty Boop and Tia as Minnie Mouse
When my mom came to visit she made both of these costumes
for my sister-in-laws.

Jesse's cousin Valerie came down with Tia and Jenny to see all the kids before they headed off to their party and dance.

Rosalee with Allie and Kaylee in their princess dresses

Hudson in his pirate costume and Jesse's wig. We jokingly called him Jesse's mini-me.

In case you can't tell, we were characters from Peter Pan this year. Getting to wear a big nightgown and slippers was great for me, I need to find more cozy costumes for next year. Our family photos, which surprisingly turned out pretty good! I like the second one better except that it doesn't show Jesse's hook hand. (My father-in-law cut it out of wood, sanded it, and then we spray painted it with chrome paint. Oh yeah, I take my holidays serious!!) Jesse looked too good because he actually scared Kaylee when he was in full costume. She was so upset that he had to wait until she went upstairs before he could put his wig and hat back on for these pictures.

I took this picture to show off the wings I made for Rosalee. I was really happy with how they turned out and Rosalee actually didn't mind wearing them all night.

The best picture I got of all the kids in their costumes. The twins are pirates, Kaylee and Allie are princesses, Sydney is a cat, Rosalee is Tinkerbell, Zeke is Peter Pan, and Gavin is a race car driver.

Zeke and Sydney
It's hard to tell but he's
taller and has a bigger head than her. I also like this picture because it shows off Zeke's hat better. (Did I mention I made it without a pattern? Not too bad for copying it off of the movie, right?)


Kristi's family were characters from Cinderella... kind of. Jared was suppose to be a prince but I guess he changed in his tights and cape to be a pirate. The older girls are princesses, the baby is a cat, and Kristi is the sewing girl mouse.
Sadly I didn't get a picture of John's family. I took
a picture for them on their camera but forgot to get one on mine. I guess I'll be stealing one from their blog as soon as they post them.


Some of the people went CRAZY decorating their lawn and house. It was dark so the picture didn't turn out that great, but you get the point.

Rosalee trick or treating with her dad. Before going we asked her, "what do you say when the people give you candy?" Rosalee's reply, "Hooray!" Too cute. When it came to actually getting candy she did say "thank you" with the BIGGEST grin on her face. The best house- the lady who gave out packets of hot cocoa.

I thought it was so cute seeing a tiny Tinkerbell running around with Captain Hook. For most of the night she would hold on to his hook while walking from house to house.

I wanted to get a picture of Rosalee at a door and this was was very decorated so it was the chosen door. I also would like to point out that her candy bag is an Idaho potato sack. (That one's for you Mom!)

The all important sorting and snacking of candy

Kristi made cupcakes for the kids to frost and decorate with candy corn.

No Halloween is complete without dancing to Monster Mash and Thriller!



After a fun night we all drifted off into a sugar induced coma...

2 comments:

Little Yancey Family said...

Super cute! We're planning on being peterpan and tinkerball and the rest next year. How funny.

Unknown said...

Love it!