18 November 2009

Plain and ordinary

We've been having one of those normal weeks without anything too big and fun to share. But I like that. Sometimes it is nice to just sit around, play with the kids, make a million messes, clean a million messes, and enjoy the simplicity of things.
But our Rosalee can turn the plainest things into wonderful things. Her imagination just astounds me! Today, for example, she went into the kitchen and was very selective about getting certain utensils out of the drawer. She picked five, the same five she picked out yesterday. So today I thought I'd ask what they are for. She told me that the ladle is for "blue paint", the cheese grater is for "hair and nail cuts", the white spatula and wooden spoon are for "mixing" and "making the food", and I bet you'll NEVER guess what the tongs are for.
Those are her glasses that she uses to look for animals in trouble. She walks around the house with finger holes pressed to her eyes telling me about the various animals that need our help. So today I got down and crawled around with her and we saved two kitties, a llama, and Trouble.
GO US!


Sorry about the shaking, but I was trying to be sneaky and catch her playing.

Anyone who knows me well enough knows I am TERRIBLE with hair, make-up, and pretty much anything girly. But I try, I really do... even if I look like a hot mess most of the time. So I'm determined to get better and to help my daughter develop some girly skills early in life. So during our 1,398th time of watching the new Tinkerbell movie I sat behind Rosalee and fiddled with her hair. I attempted to french braid her hair a few times but it is so thin that it's hard for me to grasp it tight enough. After four times I FINALLY got it to hold in place fairly well. I know it looks crazy but be nice, I'm new at this!

Our agenda for the rest of the month will not be as simple though. Tomorrow I WILL get our pictures taken for our Christmas cards! I want to print them out before we go on vacation so I can save a few stamps and hand them out. (Yes I am that cheap!) So bring on the windy weather, bruised children, and junky complexion because I know the universe it out to stop me.
Then in the middle of the night Friday/Saturday we'll be taking off and driving 15, or so, hours to my mom and dad's house in Washington for Thanksgiving. If you ask Rosalee what we'll be doing she'll tell you, "I sleep with my kitty" so as long as she can snuggle with her cat at night, she'll be content! There are two things I want to do- visit family and eat delicious food. Oh, and hopefully see the new Twilight movie, New Moon, with my mom and aunt, sans the menfolk and wee ones.

1 comments:

Melissa said...

Good luck with your pictures. I bet they will turn out really cute!! Rosalee is so cute, I love the video and the use of her imagination. Hope things are going good with you and you have a great Thanksgiving.