08 November 2009

Just my luck!

Any parent knows the "fun" of trying to get your children up and ready to go somewhere, especially when it's early in the morning. Every week I wake up with full intention of getting my family ready for church on time. Then we stroll in to church five minute after it has started... and we only live a two/three minute drive away.
So last night I got out everything for Sunday dinner and prepped as much as I could. I made sure the children were bathed and put to bed on time so we wouldn't have a big fight in the morning. I got up early to start the pot roast in the crock pot and then got myself mostly ready. Then we got the kids up, fed, and dressed. I even got them dressed in nice outfits and not just the first thing I came across. I even had time to do my hair, not just throw a quick clip in it and call it good.
Life was going great!
My father-in-law likes to be early to church to get a good seat and he usually leaves around 8:45. So to my wonderful surprise we were ready to go with him this morning! Then we got to the church and there were only three other cars in the parking lot.
Wait a minute... is this the week of stake conference?
Only TWO Sundays out of the year when church starts at 10, not 9, and everyone in the area attends all together to listen to some local leaders. OF COURSE THAT'S THE SUNDAY I'M ACTUALLY ON TIME! So now since I was 70 minutes early to church I can be five minutes late 14 more times and still be good, right?
Instead of staying and waiting for church to start we came home (again I say we only live two/three minutes away) and let Rosalee color in her new coloring book while Jesse ate "second breakfast". I decided to take the time to document how cute our family looked today.

What a stud! This guy looks so cute all the time, I just love it. He's getting SO tall that I have to put him in 3-6 month pants and size 2 shoes. I'm convinced that he'll be the same height as Rosalee by the time he's 1.

Rosalee was really confused by us driving to church just to come back home and telling her she could color. At first she just sat on the chair singing to herself, but as soon as she saw the camera she came to life!

I love the picture of Rosalee and me! Yet another picture that I would love to hang up on the wall someday. I also couldn't resist getting one of the hubby and me while I had a chance. I'm pretty sure he looks EXACTLY the same as he did 6 years ago when we met.

Nothing like waiting for church to exhaust a kid!

0 comments: