11 November 2009

Rosalee's check up

Today Rosalee had her two year old well check visit with Doctor Blake. At first she was shy but once she learned she wasn't going to get a shot she came to life! The doctor told me that she's growing and developing just fine so all I need to do is "keep up the good work". The only thing that slightly concerned him was that Rosalee REFUSES to drink milk and doesn't like most dairy products. He wants us to try and get her to eat something dairy at least once a day and put her on a children's' vitamin. He told me that the best one is the Flintstone's chewable kind which I find hilarious. Rosalee kept telling him, "I pull my earrings out" so I had to explain that she isn't allowed to wear earrings for awhile because she keeps taking them out. (Jesse and I think this is for the best because she keeps losing them and her ears are getting really red.) She also insisted on looking in the doctor's mouth and ears before he could look in hers. I guess she wanted to make sure the tool wasn't a hidden needle or medicine.
Her measurements are-
Height- 33.5 inches, 45th percentile
Weight- 27.4 pounds, 60th percentile
I learned that children gain half of their adult height by the age of two. So based on Rosalee's growth chart, and how tall we are, the doctor said she'll be 5' 4" to 5' 6" when she's fully grown. I think that would be fine because it'll be taller than me (I think 5' 2" is too short!), she can still wear heels and not feel like a giant, and she won't have to worry about trying to find a guy shorter than her. So it'll be interesting to see how tall she really ends up being.

I told her that she could have a treat for doing so well at the doctor. What did she pick?
A beef pot pie.
She's so goofy!

2 comments:

Melissa said...

I don't think we every said "Happy Birthday, Rosalee!" Mia had fun watching the videos of Rosalee's b-day.
Is Rosalee not allergic to dairy anymore?

Marie said...

The doctor here ran a blood test on her and it came back negative for dairy allergies. We have slowly added dairy to her diet and so far nothing bad has happened.