29 November 2009

Random November moments

Before I post our pictures from Washington I'll get caught up on the little events that occurred before we left. I reminded Jesse that Christmas is coming up soon and we needed to take some pictures for our Christmas cards. This is the face I got in response...

So I decided to take pictures of just the kids and make my own cards. I'm proud to say that they turned out A LOT better than I thought!

With the help of some of our comforters I turned our living room into a photo studio.
I actually got several really great pictures of the kids but for today I think I should share the good, bad, and wackata wackata.

Too cool for photos

No matter how many times I'd take his hand out of his mouth he'd put it RIGHT back in as soon as I'd grab the camera!!

Crazy laughter

Pant less and asleep = happy baby
Next it was Rosalee's turn to be photographed. I gave her a bath so she'd be nice and clean for the pictures but before I could get her dressed she climbed on the blankets and made herself comfortable. She thought I had made her a WONDERFUL reading area.


Apparently even AFTER I got her dressed, did her hair, and gave her a cute toy to pose with, she still thought it was reading time.

These ones are really cute, but didn't make the Christmas card. In the first one she's showing me where the monkey's eyes are. I had some fun with editing and "antiqued" the second one. I just love how cute this kid is!

The first picture was going to go on the card but Jesse wanted one with both kids looking at the camera. But I love that she just leaned over and kissed him. She also said, "I love you Zekey" after she did it. In the second picture Rosalee is grabbing her cheeks and saying "cheese" while Zeke is just being himself.

So this picture slightly angers me because I took Zeke downstairs AFTER the photo session to change his diaper. When I said, "OK kid I guess we're done with pictures" he made THIS face! The best smile from him all day... little stinker!

Before Thanksgiving we talked a lot about being thankful with Rosalee. One night we made a thankful tree and I thought I should photograph it so we can remember it. I hope to do something like this every year with the kids. Rosalee told us some things she's thankful for with little to no help from us. Some of her things are Tinkerbell, mommy, grandma, my crib, and animals.

My hair saga continues as (poor) Rosalee is my guinea pig. One morning after breakfast she sat (with Peter Pan on) and let me experiment with her hair. The following is my best yet.