30 October 2009

Bring on the candy and pumpkins!

I LOVE this time of year! From the 1st of October to just after New Years is the best time of year, in my opinion, and the best holiday in that time is Halloween. So I go ALL out! Here are some pictures of the fun we've had this past week.
On Monday we got some pumpkins to carve with the kids. Rosalee was very excited to get naked and dig in the goo. Zeke was excited to sit and watch us and wasn't too excited to get in the goo. Oh well, I guess he'll learn that his mom believes in sensory time eventually. We also learned that Rosalee enjoys eating raw pumpkin seeds. When I asked her if she wanted me to cook them she said, "no thank you, I'm fine". She cracks us up!

Rosalee didn't waste any time getting right into the pumpkin. She would watch, and wait, for Jesse to loosen the sides with an ice cream scooper and then as soon as he would sit back she'd be right back in the mess.

Zeke was very amused by us and kept smiling and talking every time I'd look at him.

I love how she was up to her armpit digging out the seeds.

My fabulous cyclops pumpkin!

Poor kid wasn't too sure about sitting in cold pumpkin goo. We thought about letting him go fully naked but with Rosalee eating the seeds we realized that wouldn't be very sanitary.


On Wednesday we had a play group at the church for the toddlers and preschool aged kids. At first Rosalee was nervous and acting shy around the kids. She'd talk to all of the adults but then she'd stare at the floor if a kid approached her. Thankfully one boy (the one in the Captain America outfit) came up to her and starting talking to her. Then when the music starting playing he grabbed her by the hand and took her over to where the kids were dancing. Then he held both of her hands and said, "we have to hold hands like they do on Dancing With the Stars". I about DIED with laughter! Then they started dancing to the music and Rosalee had the BIGGEST grin on her face! She ran up to me and said, "the boy he dance with me mama!" and went back to dancing. After that we had no problems with her playing with the other kids. Sadly her wings had a malfunction (iron on Velcro sucks!) and I didn't have Zeke's hat finished so I'll have to post full costume pictures after this weekend.

The first one was Rosalee posing "scary"... I think she looks more confused than anything. The second one is of her dancing with a little girl. She was more interested in watching the sequins on her dress than dancing.

Here is Zeke as Peter Pan. I made his shirt, shorts, and belt. I found the tights at Once Upon a Child for a dollar so I couldn't resist buying them. Plus I think they'll help keep his legs warm.

Nothing makes Rosalee happier than a cup filled with Cheetos. (The Halloween ones are orange and then dye your mouth black... GROSS, but she didn't seem to care.)

Here are all the kids in their costumes. I think I missed a few who were being shy, but oh well.
Today we're off to Utah to spend Halloween with two of Jesse's siblings and parents. I think Rosalee will enjoy trick-or-treating with her cousins and Zeke will enjoy being around people. Rosalee is excited to go see "the kids, my cousins" and keeps asking me to "go get in the car Mama."

Can't you tell he's excited for the weekend?

0 comments: