20 September 2010

Zeke's 1st birthday!!!

After going to the fair we came back and played in the 'gator pool in the yard. Rosalee was nervous and protested getting in but at least the other girls had fun! I also find it funny that it was ZEKE'S birthday and he had older women in attendance... is this a sign? Let's hope not!

This is the "adult cake" and it doesn't look as pretty because it accidentally got squashed. Sad, but still sinfully delicious!

We were having Zeke's party at the farm so I made him a farm cake. I don't think I'm very creative but I'm pleased with how the cake turned out. I made a funfetti cake mix and then made grass out of green frosting, dirt out of miniature chocolate chips, and a mud pit out of chocolate pudding. I like buying the gift and being able to use it as part of my decorations for two reasons- I don't have to try and make a fondant pig and it gives him something to play with while the rest of us eat.
All I know is that my son had a great day! I can tell by all the smiles and giggles how happy he was. It's hard to pick a favorite moment from the day because everything went so well but I do really enjoy watching him destroy his cake.

0 comments: