14 September 2010

Trip to Washington/Lunch Date


As you can see by the faces of the kids they had a GREAT time eating their lunches! Our new tradition is to have Wednesday lunch at the Rainier Room of the Clover Park Technical College. The food is amazing and the prices are fantastic. I was nervous about taking the kids out to eat because I wasn't too sure how they'd like anything fancier than french fries, mac-n-cheese, and hot dogs. (I say that but I honestly cook pretty good and usually try to add variety to our meals.) Rosalee has a gourmet sandwich with fries and only ate the fries. (Was I surprised? Not at all.) Zeke went to town on whatever he could get his hands on! My meal came with grilled watermelon and Zeke was in heaven!!! I love grilled watermelon and apparently so does my son. (If you've never had it I promise that you will love it and add it to your barbecue menu.) I'm always surprised at how much I eat and how little our bill is. They even had this beautiful cake that I swear was winking at me... SO, I bought it. But then I remembered the cute cake I was going to make for Zeke's birthday. Then I came up with a BRILLIANT plan. The cute cake was for the kids. They could make a mess of it and no adult could complain. The fancy cake, from the college, would be the adult cake and then we wouldn't have to worry about eating cake that had little kid fingers stuck into it.

0 comments: