28 September 2010

Labor Day weekend

I am less than a month behind on my blog posts- WOOOOOOOOOHOOOOOOOOOOOOOO!!!! Seriously, you should be proud of me. I have more videos than pictures from this weekend but blogger hates me today (and yesterday) and isn't allowing me to post any videos. Our family (the James side) REALLY is better animated so as soon as I can get things working, I'll be sure to post the videos!
The theme this year was "Back to the Fifties" and Grandma James planned a great weekend for everyone. Sadly not everyone could be there but we did have Great Grandpa and Grandma James (better known to our family as GG and Grandpa GG), Grandpa and Grandma James, Tia, John, Lindsey, Gavin, Maddie, Hudson, Kristi, Jared, Allie, Kaylee, Sydney, Jesse, Marie, Rosalee, Zeke, Uncle Russ and Lorrie, Dusty, Casie, Chris (Annie's then fiance... brave guy!), Aunt Kim and Russ, Erika, Adam, Daxton, and Drew.
When we arrived we had lunch and got everyone settled in. Rosalee had fun jumping from bed to bed trying to pick out the best one to sleep on. A few hours later we had our cupcake contest. Jesse made some raspberry mousse and pumpkin mousse cups that I thought were FANTASTIC! They ended up winning the Peoples' Choice so way to go Husband! Lindsey made these peanut butter cup cupcakes that I could have eaten until I got sick. I think everyone agreed because she won the Tastiest Treat award.

GG made cupcakes for all of the kids to decorate and eat. Everyone had a great time but I think Zeke had the best time...

Thank you Linz for this adorable picture!!!

For dinner we had hot dogs, root beer floats and milkshakes. Following dinner we had a sock hop. On the invitation GG wrote-
"All the kids and Mom and Pop
are invited to our big SOCK HOP.
Be creative and decorate those feet
then plan to come and dance and eat.
Maybe your socks will win a price
for holiest, prettiest, daintiest, strangest,
funniest, or largest size!"
*We are sorry to inform you but NO PRIZE
will be given to the smelliest!*
My husband was excited to win the holiest sock award and I don't mean he was wearing his Angel Moroni socks!
We spent the rest of the evening playing games. When I get my videos uploaded you'll understand why most of us spent the night laughing until we cried.
On Sunday we went to GG's sister's cabin and had a family church, lunch, and auction. During the church service we had a tribute to GG's father who would have been 100 this year. It was neat getting to see how many people can stem from one man and his wife. The Keller family set up a fish pond for the children to play and win prizes while we set up the auction. Rosalee was VERY VERY excited to win, what she calls, dress up toys. I didn't realize how excited/happy Rosalee would be to have dress up things until this day. She wore what she got, asked for more dress up things during the auction, and told me that we can play dress up "all the time".

Here she is fishing for her head dress

She is in LOVE with this and wears it almost daily!

Zekey fishing for a car

Rosalee took as many turns as she could get! She kept getting more dress up items and would squeal with delight at whatever she caught.

Baby Sydney taking a turn fishing

Maddie in the crown she won
During the auction we bought a hat (for Rosalee's dress up trunk), some hair things (for Rosalee and I to share), some antique toy cars (for Jesse), and some popcorn (for Zeke). We stayed well under budget and left with less than we donated so I consider it a very successful afternoon!

Rosalee proudly showing off her dress up rings and stickers

0 comments: