02 November 2008

Psychos and seals

On Halloween morning Rosalee woke up with a nasty barking, hacking, disgusting sounding cough. It sounded like a dying seal had crawled into her crib! I wasn't sure what to do so I called the doctor to see if we should come in. Yippee for us, the doctor office was closed!! So she got to spend the afternoon of her 1st Halloween at Urgent Care. Woo! The doctor said she has croup and an ear infection. She was given amoxocillan and told to sleep with a humidifier in at night. One plus of having croup on Halloween is that she still got to go trick or treating. The doctor wanted her to be taken outside for short intervals so the cool moist air could help her lungs.
My camera battery died right after we got to our friend's house so I'm waiting for him to send me the pictures of Jesse, Rosalee, and myself from Halloween night. Until then you can see the view pictures I was able to take. Jesse was a pirate, Rosalee was a flower, and I was myself, aka a crazy person.

We put Rosalee's bonnet on Trouble and made her a pioneer dog.

Crazy Marie... the neighbor kid said I looked like the Joker's girlfriend. In case you can't tell, that's a spider I'm chewing on.

Kevin and his daughter Isabelle

Passing out candy @ Kevin's house
I've been meaning to post our pumpkin pictures but with a sick kid NOTHING gets down. So here is Rosalee's pumpkin and our Frankenstein pumpkin. I got the idea for Rosalee's pumpkin from my insanely creative sister-in-law Lindsey. Rosalee had a BLAST dipping her toes in the paint, but didn't like staying still while I pressed them on the pumpkin. I was planning on dipping her fingers in black paint to make the eyes, but with the amount of squirming she was doing I thought against it. So I dipped my pinky and made the eyes and mouths. I am NOT artistic by a long shot but I'm pretty pleased with how the Frankenstein pumpkin turned out. It looks a lot better now that Jesse stuck some large bolts in the sides of it.


1 comments:

jeremyand jessicapotter said...

way to dress up, it makes it so much fun! You guys look great.