02 November 2008

On our way!

Since Rosalee was just shy of being 10 months old she would wake up dry most mornings. Sometimes I'd put her in the tub and wait for her to go potty so I could save a diaper but most of the time I'd just wait to change her. For her birthday my mom bought her a potty so today we decided to put it to use. I am PLEASED to inform the world that not only once, BUT TWICE, Rosalee has used the potty!! She has no idea what is going on but we are very excited about it. We sat her on the potty this morning and in about 1 minute she went pee. We clapped and took her picture, but she seemed VERY confused. After her nap she was again dry so we put her on the potty again. Again after 1 minute she went pee and then started clapping for herself. When I said, "wow!" she copied me and has been saying "wow" or "woah" since. Hopefully she wakes up dry tomorrow morning and we can make this a daily occurrence.

Ignore the mess, I wasn't planning on having her go potty so I still had my towels and pajamas on the floor from after my shower. But as you can see she didn't quite know what to make of us being excited over pee.

4 comments:

jeremyand jessicapotter said...

Ill send Brooklyn over and you can train her 2.

Jared, Christine, and The Boys said...

That is AMAZING! And I love her confused face... so precious!

Michelle said...

Wow! Big Girl! That's amazing. Good job Rosalee!

Anonymous said...

She's going to hate that picture of herself on the toilet when she's 16! I hope the minimal use of nappies (aussie for diapers) continues.