04 November 2008

Election day

If you're reading this on Tuesday and haven't voted, GO VOTE NOW!!! Obviously you have the time, so GO DO IT NOW!!!
Anyway... last year on election day my beautiful baby girl was born. This Thursday will be her 1st birthday and I'm still in shock. Last night as I was watching Dancing with the Stars I had a deja vu moment. I was sitting on the couch looking at the clock counting contractions with my in-laws watching TV with me. My father-in-law kept saying, "we should be going to the hospital now" and my mother-in-law kept saying, "just wait, she's fine". Now here I was watching the show with Rosalee whipping books off the shelf saying "boop!" (Her word for book) and Jesse saying, "isn't it bedtime yet!?". A lot can change in just a year.

Our state has early voting so I get to spend today enjoying the 70+ degree weather and my wonderful little girl. We're planning a small party on Thursday for Rosalee and some of her friends. The theme is cave-man and there will be plenty of meat, a lack of utensils, and a huge mess. Oh how fabulous it will be!!

0 comments: