07 November 2008

Rosalee's birthday

My baby is now a whole digit. That's right folks, she's hit the 1 year mark! Jesse and I decided to make some food and have some of Rosalee's favorite people over to play. I was hoping to take a million (okay, maybe only 700) pictures of Rosalee but the weather punked out on us. Thankfully I did get a few shots before we went to the grocery store so I'll have something to put in her frame. The weather, of course, is sunny today but I'm weird and can only put a picture of her actual birthday in the frame.


Thankfully before the rain started we had some nice wind to make a lovely yellow backdrop on my yard. Sometimes she seems so much bigger and then there are times when I feel she's hardly changed. Here are some recent developments~
*She walks holding on to a hand or furniture**She says "mommy", "daddy", "baby", "Bubba" (Trouble), "poopoo", "diaper", "cracker", "book", "bye-bye" (with a wave), "puppy", "more", "all done" (both with ASL), "duck", and as of last night "cake"**She can tell you what sound a duck makes, elephant makes, cat makes, and a lion/tiger makes**She dislikes eating green beans, drinking cool water, being told "all done", and being put down if she's sick or just woke up**She loves feeding herself finger foods, drinking soy milk, getting hugs and kisses, and being read to**Has used her potty at least once a day since last Sunday**

Here are some pictures from her birthday party last night


Playing with Kevin and his daughters

Rosalee's baby friends came over to eat and play. I love this one of Mia, I call it her "rock star" pose.


Her 1st, official, birthday cake! I made strawberry cupcakes and frosted them with vanilla frosting. All made with soy milk... mmmm... delicious!

1 comments:

Anonymous said...

She's going to be smarter than you by age 5. She's brillant! Her talking and enjoyment of books is fabulous.