24 October 2008

Boo @ the zoo

We've lived here for 2+ years and were never aware of the "boo at the zoo" until just a few days ago. The local zoo has games, a train ride, face painting, animals to pet, etc. for a few days the week before Halloween. I got two free passes to go so we went last night even though it looked like it might rain. Thankfully it didn't rain and we were able to have a GREAT time. Rosalee was more involved and excited about it than we thought she would be so that was fun to see.

This is Rosalee's 2nd encounter with the millipede and she still isn't bothered by it.

We COULDN'T go to the zoo and not let Rosalee pet the goats! The funniest part was some of the goats tried to eat Rosalee's petal sleeves. She just kept laughing while Jesse pushed them away.

Surprisingly she sat pretty still while having her face painted. A few times she tried to bite the paintbrush, but I think it was worth it!

I have no idea who this is but I think he gets the best homemade costume award for being an ant at a picnic

Digging in the dirt for bones

A bubble fog machine that I think Jesse like more than Rosalee...
Rosalee playing pin the mouth on the Jack-o-lantern


She kept laughing at the creepy nasty rat props

She found this skeleton and started rocking it and saying, "baby". Creepy, yet cute

In line for the train and then on the train
Pumpkin update~

We've started carving our pumpkins but it isn't as easy with small hands "helping" along the way. Here is the only one that is finished so far. It's my mom's pumpkin and I decided to do wolves howling at the moon because it just fits. She understands. :)

5 comments:

crystal said...

Rosealee is so cute in her costume, yeah for Halloween!

Melissa said...

I'm so glad you had fun at Boo at the Zoo. I wish I would have felt better cause we would have ventured out too. Oh well, there is always next year for us.

Charlene said...

Can I just say that you are a traitor. How dare you make a pumpkin with wolves. Hello! Next time, consider carving vampires! Geesh. :)

Samantha said...

super cute costume!! looks like she had fun at the zoo.

Sook said...

I always appreciate your comments! Rosalee is such a darling. You've got a cutie! I'm sure you already knew... How is life over there? Your family looks so cute!