17 November 2008

Weekend in Ohio

Jesse's sister lives in Dayton, Ohio with her husband and 3 kids so we decided to go visit them for the weekend. Both of us needed a break from the daily grind so we decided going and seeing family would be nice. Rosalee had a GREAT time playing with her cousins. She would crawl around after them and enjoyed all the new and different toys. She slept in her cousin's toddler bed and it made me SO nervous! She rolls around a lot in her sleep so I was afraid she'd roll right off the bed. I made Jesse put the air mattress next to the bed so if she did fall off she'd fall on to it or me. I figured either was better than hitting the floor. Thankfully she didn't fall or crawl off the bed but I kept waking up during the night to see if she was okay. We also celebrated my niece and nephews birthdays since they also have November birthdays. Rosalee got some clothes and a car from her aunt and uncle. The car is one of those Flintstones kind that the kid walks around in but Rosalee is too short for it yet. We figure by the time it's warm enough to play outside again she'll be able to use it. Rosalee also helped her cousin learn that the potty isn't scary. My niece saw Rosalee sitting on the potty and said, "Me potty! I big girl!" Then she cried while on the toilet because she couldn't make herself go to the bathroom. Poor kid. On Sunday Rosalee and I both woke up and couldn't go back to sleep so I decided to do her hair. She fought me at first, but by the end she had 2 small ponytails. If you notice in the pictures her hair is different in all the shots and they were taken within 20 minutes. I learned all too quickly that soft ponytail holders won't hold thin baby hair, clips are meant to be taken out by babies, and small rubber bands (combined with cat like stealth) are all that works.

With Dad all ready for church

She found her cousin's bulldog stuffed toy and all weekend she dragged it around calling it Bubba. I tried to use it to get her to smile but she ended up just hugging it and kissing it.

Tyler, Lindy, Jacob, and the giggle box Rosalee

Rosalee and her Trouble away from Trouble

3 comments:

Melissa said...

I love the baby ponytails. I'll have to experiment with Mia. I'm sure cat-like reflexes will be a must.

jeremyand jessicapotter said...

my cousin just got called to serve in ohio. what a fun trip to get away!

Anonymous said...

the ponytails make me giggle.