26 August 2008

SeNsOrY tImE!!!!


Being a special education teacher I'm okay with children being messy and exploring with their five senses. Now that Rosalee is getting into EVERYTHING I figured it was time to start giving her things that will hopefully satisfy her curiosity! Last night Rosalee got to play in a tub of spaghetti at our friend's house (and then promptly went in the pool!) and in a tub of rice today on our front lawn.

Thank you Kris and Melissa for letting us come over!

The utensils were in the way of her playing!

Having fun dropping the rice in her tub
Rosalee LOVES sharing with Trouble...
She likes to play with the cooking spoons while I cook dinner so I thought I'd change it up and add some rice to her tub. She was more interested in the rice than the spoons. She kept trying to climb in so eventually I gave in and let her sit in the rice. Later Jesse found about 1/2 a cup of rice in her diaper... :)

3 comments:

lindsey said...

what a fun idea! we'll have to do that...G-man would love that!
Thanks for calling yesterday too. I really enjoyed talking to you! I appreciate your advice and insight.

Michele said...

I bet Rosalee had so much fun. I need to do more of those things.

The Webber's said...

Such an awesome mom! I should do that with brynn...we've done water and rice and even let her finger paint/eat with pudding. I need to to do cooked noodles!