15 October 2009

Sooooooo big!

In less than one month Rosalee will be 2. We've been telling Rosalee how old she is for the past few months but when I stop and think that she's been around for 2 YEARS I become dumbfounded. Where did the time go!? I guess that's normal for all parents though... But there are some days (most actually) that I think she's 2 going on 12. She remembers so much for her age, can communicate insanely well, and doesn't look like a baby at all anymore. Yesterday she was wearing a sweater, jeans, and had her hair up in a ponytail and it made me just sit and stare at her. She looked so big and kid like, sigh.
Rosalee also has learned to play the blame game. Since we're working on potty training if she passes gas I'll take her to the bathroom just in case. This is how our conversation went after I heard some rather loud sounds coming from her bum-
Me- Rosalee do you need to go potty or was it just gas?
Rosalee- No want potty.
Me- Rosalee let's go to the bathroom.
Rosalee- No go potty. I no farted, Tinkerbell farted.
Me- What!?
Rosalee- No me fart mama, Tinkerbell did farted.
There you have it. Where does she learn this stuff!?

Rosalee loves getting her hair done now! She'll pick out the hair clips, bows, ponytail holders, and then tell me how she's like her hair done. Her favorite looks are "spike" (a Pebble's Flintstone ponytail on top of her head), "Tinkerbell bun" (As much of her hair pulled back into a bun with her bangs left out), and "clips" (see the photo above).


She wants to know EVERYTHING and asks us a million questions. Her Halloween shirt lights up and she kept asking Jesse, "How this work?" and then would tap her chest to make it light up.

Rosalee has been told that she's a big girl now to help differentiate between how we treat Zeke and how we treat her. When she saw me painting my nails she said, "I big girl, I get colors too." How could I argue?

I know it's silly to take a video of your kid using a spoon, but this is something we've been working on for SO long I had to document that, for the most part, she's got the hang of it. (Normally she's better, but she was distracted by a movie.)

Rosalee would spend all day having us read to her if we could. There are about fifteen books she's memorized and will read to herself if we're busy doing something. As you can tell by the end of the clip we're still going strong on potty training. She usually can go the whole day in underwear (with a pull-up over them) and not have an accident. Her record is 2 1/2 days without an accident so we're getting excited that diapers will soon be a thing of the past!

1 comments:

Little Yancey Family said...

Time sure does fly by. I can't believe my little guy is 2 either, but then compared to my new baby, he sure does look like a big kid! Guess that's why we have more little babies. ;)