17 October 2009

Grandma Terry

Or as Rosalee would call her- Gram TayWEEEEE!!
My mom drove to Idaho to meet Zeke, see Rosalee, and I guess see us (kidding, slightly...) for a few weeks. After spending time with Rosalee she wasn't quite ready to say goodbye so I took the kids and drove back to Washington with her for a week. Then my mom and I flew to Phoenix and from there my mom went right back to Washington (Crazy, yes. Worth my sanity, yes.) and the kids and I flew to Salt Lake City, Utah.
Some of the things we did while she was here are already posted, like Zeke's blessing, but here are the rest of the photos from the time we spent with my mom. (I need to apologize for the hazy weird pictures but Rosalee had fun putting fingerprints all over the camera... poor Mommy didn't notice until the end of the trip.)

We went to a pumpkin patch and Rosalee kept herself entertained by trying roll and carry the pumpkins.

Zeke kept himself entertained by sleeping.

After serious debate she settled on a green pumpkin and wouldn't get up until I promised that we would get it for her.

After getting our pumpkins we walked around the farm and Rosalee had fun singing/talking to the baby pigs.

Grandpa Jerry and Rosalee were playing the piano together

My mom bought some Halloween pajamas for the kids. Zeke was acting the part of a dragon hence my mom trying to sooth him. Rosalee is, well, Rosalee!

We spent the last night in Renton with my aunt, uncle, cousin, and my cousin's daughter. The girls LOVED the brownies that my aunt made for dessert!


Next we let them get messy on the porch playing with one of the pumpkins we bought at the patch. Neither girl really dug in, but they still enjoyed themselves.

The girls went straight from the porch to the bathtub! Being the WoNdErFuL mother that I am I just HAD to take some embarrassing bath shots.

The tiny dragon at rest

I wanted to take a picture of Rosalee on the airplane to show how good she was being and this is the face she gave me! We all (including Rosalee) call it the rascal face. Five minutes before we landed in Salt Lake, Rosalee passed out asleep. We were the last people off the plane because she refused to wake up and I couldn't carry her, Zeke, and our bags.

While my mom was here she made my sister-in-law Jenny her Halloween costume. This year Jenny is going as Betty Boop.

We tried to get a picture with all of the great grandkids (this is all of them minus the 3 in Ohio) and the pictures below are the best of what I got. (I find it funny that John tried to hide in some of the pictures.) I also thought it'd be fun to get a picture of Zeke, Sydney, and Drew because they're so close in age.
Rosalee had fun sitting on my lap and taking pictures of her cousins playing. These turned out surprisingly well!

As soon as I took the camera back she found a toy camera and started taking my picture. The dopey grin on her face tells you that she was enjoying herself quite a bit!

1 comments:

Anna said...

You should have staying a couple of days in Phoenix! We would have loved to meet Zeke! Glad you had a great time in WA. I miss it! Zeke is a cute dragon!