24 October 2009

My sleep in day

It isn't a big secret that I require more sleep than the average person my age. Most people my age can stay up to 2 am and then get up for work the next day (same day technically) at 5 am and be able to function fully. I need my 6-8 hours and I quite enjoy spending my nights sleeping. So my wonderful husband tends to let me sleep in on Saturdays to help make up for my lack of sleep the rest of the week. Even though he works during the week and would love to sleep in as well he knows that Rosalee won't take care of herself. So today, like most Saturdays, when Rosalee starting calling out for us at 7 am (which is odd because she normally sleeps until 8-8:30) he got out of bed and brought her back into our room. Apparently she asked me for breakfast and I told her, "five more minutes" so Jesse took her upstairs. By the time I woke up at 9:30 to a hungry Zeke, Rosalee was fed and ready to go for the day. I love that he loves me enough to give me a few quiet hours every week in bed.
After waking up and getting Zeke ready we drove to Idaho Falls to run some errands. Halloween is in one week and I had a list of everything that I need to do to finish our costumes. So my patient family agreed to go with me to four different places to get everything we need.
(Back story- when we were in Idaho Falls getting the tire changed the other day I told Jesse that I wanted to take the kids to the temple and greenbelt to take pictures of them. I absolutely LOVE autumn and wanted to get some pictures of the pretty leaves and have yet another excuse to photograph my family.) After we left the first store Jesse asked if I wanted him to go back toward the freeway. When I asked why (all of the stores are located in the other direction) he said, "so you can get those pictures you wanted to take the other day."
What a man!
So we took the kids to the temple and got a few pictures of them with the leaves. It was windy and we weren't exactly dressed for an outdoor photo session so we kept it short. I was just glad that I got some pictures before too many of the leaves fell off the trees.

This is the face Rosalee made when I told her we were going to buy her Tinkerbell wings and glitter make-up today.

Thankfully there were some people nearby so we grabbed one and asked them to take our picture.

LOOK AT THOSE EYES! I just love love love how this turned out! I thought the leaves were pretty but I didn't realize how great the contrast between the blue and red would be.


Rosalee was in heaven playing with all the leaves. She kept running around grabbing hand fulls of them and then would pick one or two to keep. She carried two of the leaves with her the rest of the day, showing them to people at the stores.

Jesse with the kids. He was trying to look tough in the second picture but I think Zeke wins...

I just love my Rosalee! She kept asking for hugs and kisses all today which made be ecstatic. I'll take overly affectionate ANY day over toddler meltdowns, thank you.
So after going to Deseret Industries (a second hand store), the Halloween store at the mall, Once Upon a Child (a consignment store for kid stuff), JoAnn's Fabrics, and back to Deseret Industries for the coat I wanted Jesse to get, we are good to go for Halloween (minus Jesse's hook). I'm making Zeke's entire outfit and Rosalee's wings so I'll take some pictures of those once I finish. Stay tuned!

0 comments: