31 December 2008

Christmas pictures

I'm FINALLY going to post our pictures from Christmas. Our morning started off with Rosalee and I sleeping in and Jesse making breakfast. We woke up to the smell of bacon cooking in the kitchen. Rosalee sat up in bed and loudly said, "meat!" I started laughing but then realized she was serious. I took her into the kitchen for some bacon and then I made her go to the bathroom. She kept standing up claiming to be "all done" just so she could have more bacon. Finally we went and then I promptly took her to the kitchen for more bacon. I attempted to show her what Santa brought but she wanted nothing to do with anything unless it was bacon. As you can tell from the below video she could not be bothered. Maybe next year Santa will just put a slab of bacon in her stocking!

After being stuffed on bacon, toast, and scrambled eggs Rosalee was FINALLY ready to care what was under the tree. We started by opening stockings and as soon as Rosalee saw that her fruit was a bunch of bananas she had to eat them before moving on to the presents. So while she continued to eat, Jesse and I took turns opening our stockings.
This year Santa brought Trouble a bag of pig ears which kept her busy for most of the morning.

Here is Jesse and his goodies. The funny thing about his apple is when he saw it he thought it was a chocolate covered cheese ball. I'm not sure that those exist or if they do if people would eat them, but that's what Jesse thought he got. I almost felt bad telling him it was an apple.

Good ol' Santa! Somehow he always knows exactly what to give me.


We couldn't get Rosalee to stay still with her stocking gifts so we just put them next to the ball toy and took a picture. I think the half eaten banana adds a bit of class to the photo.

After Rosalee played with the ball popper several more times we got her to open some more presents. The masking tape on the present was from when she tried to open the gift a week early. When we finally let her open the presents she was so delicate about it. She's really funny about things sometimes!

This year Rosalee got some toys, books, and a few outfits. She kept kissing the box of this toy and calling it a "gwin". We tried to get her to say pen-guin but I guess it'll come in time.

As soon as Rosalee opened her gift from Angie and Brett she had to stop and read her books. She refused to open anything else until her dad read to her. Thank you Angie for the GREAT animal books! Rosalee really likes the frog book with the real frog photos.
Rosalee opened more presents just to find out she got more books. These books kept her busy enough that Jesse and I could open our gifts. Jesse claims we have too many pictures of him so I wasn't allowed to get any pictures of him. But he was more than willing to take tons of me!

Thank you Angie and Brett for thinking of us this Christmas!

What makes Marie happy? Beautiful funky shoes from Santa. I love that I can send Jesse to the store and know that if he returns with a shoe box that I don't have to worry.

After a busy morning we got dressed and headed to our friend's house for a wonderful dinner.

2 comments:

Anonymous said...

Looks like it was a good Christmas!

Melissa said...

Is that Dance, Dance Revolution?!?
I'm envisioning the next girl's night out!