15 December 2008

Remember to laugh

Both Jesse and I laugh a lot. We need to because if we didn't we'd go mental. Sometimes life can be down right awful but as long as you remember to laugh it doesn't seem as bad. So today has so far been one of those laugh or go insane type of days.

I'll start with the potty issue. Rosalee uses her toilet every morning like clock work. Today was no different. She sat, she went, she stood up informing Jesse that she was "all done". Believing this innocent child he took her into the bedroom to change her. She now only wants to use the toilet so sometimes she won't go poop as long as possible... today was the breaking point. In the few minutes between when they left the bathroom and came running back Rosalee had pooped on the bed, inside my slipper, on some dirty clothes and one sneaker (all next to the bed), on Jesse's slipper (she did this as he ran back to the bathroom), on the bathroom floor, and then again in her toilet. Seriously, how can one tiny person have THAT much inside of them!? Instead of being mad about the ridiculous amount of poop we had to clean up we just sat there and laughed.

Ice issue- sometime between 10 last night and 10 this morning ice fell from the sky. The roads are covered, my sidewalk is covered, and the car doors were all frozen shut. I had a very small window of time to drop something off at Purdue (for my Saturday school teaching job) before the little boy I baby-sit would be dropped off. So we bundled Rosalee up and headed out to the car. The driver side of the car was covered in ice. The passenger side was not as bad so after body slamming my door twice I was able to get in. Then with Jesse pulling on the outside of the door and me kicking the inside, the driver door opened. I turned on the car so we could get the heat going and Jesse proceeded to scrape the ice off the windows. Since Rosalee's door was still frozen she stayed in the front seat. She had a great time standing and playing with the steering wheel while Jesse and I were body slamming, pulling, pushing, kicking, etc. the back doors. When we finally got her in her seat she was mad, not because it was 10 degrees, but because she couldn't drive anymore. I think the frost bite had moved into our brains because all we could do was sit there and laugh hysterically. Our hands were bright red (neither one of us were smart enough to grab gloves), our noses felt like they could fall off, our shoulders were sore from slamming the car, and yet all we could do was laugh.

I guess either than wanting to remember silly times like this I just wanted to share our opinion on laughter being the best medicine. I really think that only when you can truly laugh at yourself for silly, or even stupid, mistakes then you're happy with who you are. Plus it's SO much easier to enjoy life by laughing instead of crying or yelling. Try it sometime. :)

1 comments:

Anonymous said...

Ice on cars? I haven't seen that in 10 months! I'm tired of the sea salt fogging up our windows. :)