10 December 2008

Winter wonderland

Okay so I've been slower at blogging these days, but Rosalee (as of Monday) is now walking most of the time. Which means the monkey stage has begun. If you're a praying person I would ask you start praying for my sanity now. :)

It's warmer today than it has been in a few weeks but here are some snow videos from last week when it was FREEZING outside. Before you go call PETA on me you need to understand that after 3 years of hating snow Trouble now is fascinated with it. She finds it fun to run around and bite the snow as it falls.

It's taken us almost a week, but our tree is up and fully decorated. We usually put garland on the tree but we decided not to this year because string+Rosalee=the tree falling down and everything getting smashed. Plus I think the tree would look too busy with the garlands. (It's nice to FINALLY think my tree is looking full!)

This is how the tree looked from Thursday until Sunday...

Rosalee has several Christmasy outfits so we're going to put her in one every Sunday up to Christmas. She looked so cute in her hat and clothes that I insisted that Jesse take some pictures of her. The only drawback... I had to be in the pictures too. :( My favorite is the second picture where Rosalee is half smiling half laughing looking. She was actually trying to say, "love you" but it comes out as "uv oooooooooooo" most of the time.

Seriously this kid is just too cute!

Rosalee got to help us last night with putting the decorations on the tree. I'm not sure why, but our ornament from Russia is a baby magnet! She would walk over and try to grab it every time. Needless to say, that one was placed higher on the tree this year. We made sure that the bottom 1/3 of the tree was full of dog and baby safe ornaments.

Rosalee actually behaved better than Jesse and I expected. There are only 3 ornaments that she wants to play with so we left the 2 plastic ones on the bottom and hid the other 1 up high on the tree. When I saw a Purdue ornament at the store I just HAD to get it for Jesse. I wish it said 2009, since that's when he graduates, but I guess we'll just use it as our "last Christmas in Indiana" ornament now.

Surprisingly it took Jesse almost 10 minutes to get the star on. He can be such a perfectionist at times!

The final product!

And, of course, a silly picture of Rosalee posing by the tree.

1 comments:

crystal said...

You are brave to have presents under the tree already! It looks good and ha we have no snow yet :)