05 January 2009

2009- a year of change

I've been thinking about the past year and then about this new year. This year is going to be a year of change for our family. I know change happens to everyone but our family is going to experience several larger changes.
Jesse~ He's graduating!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!! In May Jesse will be done with college... for now. He says he's been thinking about getting a Masters degree, but not for a few years. With graduation another change comes- getting a career. Jesse has worked before but this will actually be a job that he wants, not just one that pays the bills. :) All of those years of school will finally pay off for him so we're excited. Jesse has applied for several jobs and plans on applying for a lot more. Most of the jobs are back in the west, closer to family, so another change will be leaving Indiana for wherever we end up. Some of you may say, "But how do you know you'll leave Indiana?" To that I answer, "Because he's applied to zero jobs in Indiana and plans on applying for zero jobs in Indiana." Sorry Indiana people, but we're just not Midwesterners. That and there aren't any jobs for him in Indiana.
Rosalee~ That kid changes EVERY day! She is starting to run which is hilarious because it usually ends with her landing on her bum. She also is starting to talk more and more everyday. Some of the big changes we'll see are having her completely potty trained, her getting some teeth (FINALLY!), being able to feed herself using a spoon/fork, and being able to hold simple conversations.
Marie~ Sadly I think I'll be the boring one of the family this year. Not much will be changing for me in 2009. (I'm looking forward to moving in early summer though!) This August Jesse and I will celebrate our 5th wedding anniversary. I know 5 years doesn't seem like that long but it is 1/10 of the way to 50 years and with today's society making it 5 years is longer than most.

2 comments:

Unknown said...

Indiana treated me well for 27 years, but it's great when you get out of it! 5 years of marriage is terrific! Brett and I will be at 5 years in July.

Unknown said...

That's funny. I just posted under Brett's gmail. So, really it's from me - Angie. :)