13 February 2010

Zeke is 6 months old!

Yesterday Zeke turned 6 months old. I can't believe half of a year has passed since the day he was born. We both still have scars from that night, but the pain and sadness from then has passed. We spend our days smiling and laughing together most of the time. I haven't really started him on baby cereal and jar food yet, but I'm pretty sure we'll start this week. Today we got nice family pictures done, and he has his doctor appointment on Tuesday, so I'll update his stats and cute pictures then. For now I'll just brag about how cute and wonderful he is.
Zeke acts like he wants to crawl but whenever he leans forward he face plants. I try not to laugh but it's so cute to see him try to crawl with his face in the carpet.
He now signs "milk" if he's hungry, wants me to pick him up, or sometimes if he sees me walk in the room. I am convinced he thinks that "milk" means "mom".

Zeke has the wonderful gift of falling asleep whenever, and wherever he's tired. The other night Jesse was holding him on his lap and Zeke just passed out in his arms.

Zeke has three expressions- normal content, crazy happy, and concerned. His concerned face is my favorite because his eyes either get really big or he creases his eyebrows.

Rosalee decided Zeke needed a crown. She said, "Now Zekey be a prince like Princess and the Frog!"

I guess she decided she needed a crown too. I like how Zeke looks confused and concerned about what we're doing.

1. They have the same nose.
2. Jesse and Zeke have the same eye color and Rosalee and I have the same eye color.
3. I'm pretty sure he's head is almost the same size as Rosalee's. In fact he's not much shorter than her and probably will be the same height, or taller, by the time he's walking.

Zeke is getting REALLY good at sitting up on his own now. Most of the time if he starts to lean forward he'll brace himself on his knuckles. It kind of reminds me of a baby gorilla.

I just can't compete with Dora! If Rosalee is interested in something, so is Zeke. For now it is just curiosity but I imagine one day it'll become either a great builder or destroyer of their friendship.
Here is a great video of Zeke and the funny noises he makes while "talking".

0 comments: