27 February 2010

Fun times on the farm

Last Sunday the weather was AMAZING at my parent's house! After church we decided to go out in the woods and try to find some frogs. Every night we could hear them loud and clear so we knew there were some. The weather was just perfect too. We had fully sunny skies with 50 degree temperatures. My cousin and her daughter came out to visit us and it was fun to see the girls play outside. Jesse also got to ride my Dad's motorcycle which he LOVED! The only downside was that some jerk ran him off the road. Jesse and the bike were fine (minus a slightly bent brake pedal) but I think it was enough to stop him from riding for the week.

My boys!

Rosalee had fun stomping around in the thick mud of the pond. Even when her boot would get stuck she still was happy.

The little frog my brother found near our main pond.


Here are some shots of us having fun out in the woods. I use to spend hours out there as a kid so I love to see how much fun Rosalee has out there.

Jesse had fun catching a small frog for Rosalee. She kept saying, "Ooohh, aahh, yellow!" and "Froggy!!!!" It was great to see how much her face lit up from seeing it.

Dad and Zeke having fun in my parent's woods.

My dad with the kids

We found an endangered salamander in my driveway! Jesse had fun making a little habitat for it after showing it to the kids.

Rosalee found Grandpa's tools when he opened the garage to get the motorcycle out.

My parents have a bull and he's HUGE! I think it's funny that Rosalee likes him and he's frightened by her.

This is the picture Rosalee took of the bull. She had some fun with the zoom.

The best of 8 for a shot of my cousin and me with our kids

My dad has had his Ducati since 1981. He got it out so Jesse could ride it around.

Can't blame a girl for trying to get a shot of her man in some leather pants. Hahahahaha!

Ready to ride!



My dad made this swing set for us when I was in elementary school. I love seeing my daughter, and my cousin's daughter, having as much fun on it as we did.

Zeke found wiggling around on Alyssa's lap better than posing for a picture.

I promise he isn't trying to crush her head, he was trying to get her to look at the camera for a picture.

My brother Jesse... a bit bothered by my trying to take his picture.

2 comments:

Tiffany Alldredge Smith said...

I'm super jealous right now!! It is still snowing here in IN. What I wouldn't do to get outside...

You're parent's property is gorgeous! What an amazing place to grow up! I wish I was there with you!!

Marie said...

Thank you! I literally spent hours and days of my life out in our woods. I am NOT looking forward to heading back to Idaho and the snow. Spring needs to come SOON!!!