27 January 2010

Saran wrap children


This is what it looks like when I try to ignore Rosalee and let her "play by herself". She takes it upon herself to be oh so nice and make me some food. To do this she uses 65 dishes from her 75 piece set and creates meals with 23 of her 25 plastic food items. I love being loved and I know when she's 14 and giving me the "go to the store with you!?!?!" look I'll miss these days. But for now I want to let it be known that Mommy doesn't need, or want, any friends when she's in the bathroom! It does make me laugh to see those tiny fingers under the door and hearing her sweet voice saying, "Mommy...MOMMY!" or better yet, "Mom, I take care of you."
So how does a mother deal with a super clingy toddler and a baby who has decided he needs to eat every 45 minutes? She goes to the store and buys 80 cent wooden items to be painted! The item for this week- automobiles. I let Rosalee pick out one for her, one for Dad, one for Grandpa, one for Grandma, and one for Aunt Tia. (Mommy doesn't get one because she has to supervise.) Grandma was nice and decided to donate her car to the keep Rosalee busy campaign.

"Paint!!!!!!"

Two paintbrushes are better than one apparently.

Focus...focus!

I know this is going to look cool
Even Grandpa and Dad got in on the action, but I was nice and let them keep their shirts on. I loved how focused they were while painting. I'm pretty sure at one time my father-in-law asked if we had any chrome paint. It took a few hours for their automobiles to dry but Rosalee's 32 layer painted cars took almost 24 hours!


Here are our fabulous cars on parade. Rosalee's tie-die Mardi Gras cars lead the front, followed by Jesse's under the sea tour bus, with the pretty pink rust truck taking up the rear.

But how can I blame her for being my shadow when we wake up with matching Wolverine hair-dos? Hugh Jackman, eat your heart out with jealousy at our natural fabulousness!

Now on to Zeke... how do you distract Starvin' Marvin from thinking he needs to be fed all day long? Watch and see!

0 comments: