08 January 2010

My week

This week has been interesting to say the least! Rosalee got sick, then Jesse, then Zeke, and now me. It's just a cold but it make our throat REALLY sore which means Rosalee isn't eating, Zeke wants to eat all day, and both kids have been doing that nasty barking old man smoker cough.

This week Jesse was only called to work one day- and that was only for half of the day. So he got to help out at home with the kids and have the pleasure of going to the doctor.

This week we've been kind of lazy...

playing games

sleeping

and watching movies.
Rosalee told me, "Mom I need to nap on the couch." When I asked her why she said, "I sick so I need to watch a movie and nap on the couch." She's already got the sick routine DOWN!

This week we celebrated the 12th day of Christmas (January 6th) with the kids. Some traditions are that it took the wise men 12 days to follow the star to the baby Jesus's manger bed. So on the 12th day the children get a little present because that is the day that Jesus received his. Or it gives Mom and Dad an excuse to buy something on an after Christmas sale and/or not pay extra for expedited shipping on online orders...

This week the kids got to spend time with their great grandparents from Alaska (the Carlsons). We went swimming, read books together, watched movies, and had a lot of sweet quiet moments together. Yesterday we went to Rexburg and both sets of great grandparents were together. I took the opportunity to take a picture because I figured this would be a one in a million opportunity that I wanted to be able to remember.
This week we (Jenny, Tia, and I) took Rosalee to see The Princess and the Frog. It was Rosalee's first time in a theater (since she was a tiny infant) so I was nervous. For the most part she did great. During the lovey cute parts she'd start to get bored and then during the scary voodoo parts she was glued to the screen. She even started laughing during the creepy end when the shadow voodoo man was sucked into a grave by these weird voodoo dolls and shadows. The best part was when she started dancing in the aisle when the fireflies played the Cajun song. Rosalee would do well in the South.
This week was pretty crazy but at least it kept me busy!

0 comments: