11 January 2010

Snip, snip

EVERY morning Rosalee runs and hides when I try to cut her hair. I bought some fancy leave in conditioner so it'll be easier to comb, but she stills cries and tells me that it's "too ouchy". For a few days I've threatened her that if she didn't cooperate I was going to cut her hair. I had her watch her aunt get her hair cut to try and encourage her. It didn't quite work. She said grandpa, grandma, dad, mom, and Zeke could get hair cuts, but not her.
Tonight while watching Up I started playing with her hair. Then I got a comb and combed out all the nasty tangles while she sat still and watched the movie. I figured this was the best time to try and cut it so I got some scissors. I cut the back first and I thought I was doing great at being sneaky about it. After my third cut Rosalee said (while still looking at the television), "Thanks for the hair cuts Mommy. You make me be so pretty okay." Then she started wiggling around a bit but I got it cut fairly even and cute looking.
My end result-

I thought about keeping some of it since this is her first real hair cut and not just a trim. But then I thought "Where will I keep this?", "Will she want me to keep it?", and "Jesse will shoot me if I try to keep yet another random thing for our children." So sadly it all went into the trash.
Out of pure paranoia I made my sister-in-law (who went to beauty school) look at Rosalee's hair and make sure it was perfectly (or as close as you can get with a two year old) even. There is one spot on the back of her neck where the hair is shorter and she has a scrape on her neck. But it's only noticable from close up and with her hair straight and wet. For the record that was the first and LAST cut Jesse made on her head tonight. To be fair, Rosalee did move right as he was making the cut though.
Rosalee being the wonderful two year old she is didn't want me to take her picture so I now have several angles to show off her new look I guess.

FINALLY I got her to look at me... okay so I had Tia hold her and I yelled, "Rosalee!" to get her attention, but whatever works!


Then I realized that enough is enough and apparently some of us were over having our picture taken...

0 comments: