08 June 2009

So long my love!


Jesse is headed off for Alaska tomorrow and won't be home until the middle/end of July. He decided on Saturday that he should go to Alaska and fish this summer since he hasn't been able to find anything else to do for employment. He will be in Naknek, Alaska working in Bristol Bay on a fishing tender. This year he will captain one of the boats and work with his cousins and uncle. Although neither one of us want him to go, it'll be good for us to have some form of income. Working as a captain will give him a higher cut of the profit and for as little time as he works (6ish weeks) he makes A LOT... usually. It all depends on the amount of fish he catches so pray that the fish are running strong this year!! The obvious downfalls of him being gone are that he'll miss out on Fathers' Day and The Fourth of July, Rosalee and everything she's been doing (I swear she changes almost daily!), the pregnancy (won't it be LOVELY for him to leave a 7 1/2 month pregnant woman to come home to a huge 9 month pregnant one!?!?), me not having him to help out with unpacking and with Rosalee, him not being able to continue to apply for permanent job opportunities, and just the fact that he's away from his family living on a boat in the ocean stinking like fish. Don't get me wrong, I am VERY grateful that he can go and that we'll be able to have some form of income for now. It was wonderful of his family (they own the boats) to let him come up at the last minute and especially to let him captain one of the boats. I just love my husband and like having him around. I know it'll be hard for Rosalee because she won't be able to understand it but hopefully I can keep her busy enough that it won't be too rough. So I will end now by saying go buy Alaskan salmon and pray the boats can catch insane amounts!!

1 comments:

Unknown said...

Sorry he has to go away for 6 weeks, but I'm sure it'll be helpful for you in the long run. You'll just have to keep recording videos so he doesn't have to miss out on the exciting things. Wish I could be there to help you.