14 June 2009

More random things

I took some pictures and videos yesterday at the Blackfoot Pride Days but I can't upload my pictures yet. I was trying to get some pictures off of my mother in law's memory card but the memory card is slightly smaller than mine and got stuck in the drive on my laptop! So now I get to take my laptop into the store and see if some geek can get the memory card out. Mind you I did try but after an hour I gave up. I even tried taking my computer apart but stopped when it got to the point where I thought I was going to ruin something. So as soon as it gets fixed I'll post some photos on the blog.
Today at church Rosalee was being very talkative during sacrament meeting. When I handed her the bread to eat I told her to think of Jesus. She took a bite and VERY loudly (in a quiet room) said, "amen!" It took all of my strength not to burst out laughing. The people behind us were snickering and even the men up on the pulpit were grinning. I'm glad everyone found it amusing and not annoying! She also got kicked out of nursery for crying and asking, "where Mommy?" too much. I wish the nursery people would leave her in there so she can adjust but I guess they thought she'd be happier with me. I think next week I'll take her to nursery and if she cries I'll hide so they'll be forced to deal with her. :)
When we got home from church today we found a random cat sleeping on the porch. It is the neighborhood stray and Rosalee LOVES him! She ran up to him, laid on him, and then listened to him purr for the next five minutes. I even took a picture (the one on the memory card stuck in my laptop) of it because I was amazed at how much abuse the cat was willing to take from a toddler. Rosalee calls him "Rosie cat" so I think we might take it to my parent's house in July and it can be her cat at grandma's house. No, I'm not a mean person or a cat hater in case you're thinking that. Jesse is disgustingly allergic to cats and until we can get him some allergy shots, pills, etc. we can't have a cat. If he pets a cat he breaks out in hives so even having an outside cat would be too hard on him.
Adjusting to taking care of Rosalee, basically by myself, has been interesting. There are so many things I want to, or need to, get done but being 31 weeks pregnant makes me slower than I'd like. I'm starting to get nervous that the rest of my life will be like this. I'll always be one step behind the kids, feeling exhausted, and never feeling like I've accomplished enough of the "must do" items let alone some of my personal fun projects. I was very very very tempted to call last night and demand that Jesse would get on the next plane and come home. Thankfully I just went to sleep instead because he'd probably have listened to me. When I talked with him today I was in a slightly better mood so I didn't bother him about coming home. He should be back in about 5, maybe 6 weeks, so I have a lot more time to work on balancing my schedule/life.

1 comments:

Melissa said...

Oh, I wish you were here so I could keep you company and Mia and Rosalee could play together. Good luck with everything.