11 June 2009

Random blogging

I'm not a journal keeper, that's just not me. I'll get a journal, get excited about it, and then within 3 months it sits on the shelf collecting dust. This blog is the closest, and best thing, I've done with journaling. While Jesse is in Alaska I've decided to write down some random events that go on for him to look back on when he gets home. Since he only calls every other day, and then sometimes only twice a week, it gets hard for me to remember everything I need/want to tell him. To make it easy I'm going to write each post like I'm writing to him so don't be confused or alarmed if you come across the word you. So if you see a post titled "random stuff" or "things to tell Jesse" feel free to read it or you can just ignore it and wait for the fun posts with lots of photos.
Wednesday-
Rosalee kept saying, "want Daddy!" and I'd tell her "he's at work" or "Daddy's in Alaska". After being told this for the fourth time she looked me, square in the eyes, and said, "go get him!" It's nice to know she misses you even if I find it sad at times. Rosalee also had some blood drawn for an allergy test. We should know by Monday if she is still having problems with dairy products. I just think it's better to test her rather than treat her like a lab rat and just try various dairy products to see what happens. We'll also meet with a dietitian sometime early next week to see what our options are and what is the best thing to do for her.
I've been finding it hard to fall asleep at night. I keep telling myself to go to bed by 10, then 11, and then finally at 12:30 I make myself go lie down. I'm not sure if I'm still adjusting to a new house or if I don't like how empty the bed seems. Hopefully soon I'll get over it and be able to sleep at a decent time. Knowing my luck, I'll get back to sleeping right in time for Zeke to get too large to allow me to sleep!
Thursday-
Rosalee and I started our garden! We got all of the tomato plants in the pots and now I just need to dig a space in the yard for the cucumbers and the cantaloupe. We have both cherry tomatoes and a large variety so hopefully by middle/end of summer we'll be eating tomatoes every day! Rosalee LOVED "dipping" (as she called it) the shovel in the pots of dirt. She also had fun carrying the plants around and deciding which ones to put in which pots. When I put her down for a nap I noticed she had some dirt in her ear. I seriously can't believe how messy she can get at times! I took her to the park at Jensen's Grove today and she had A LOT of fun! She climbed on the toys, went down the slide, and of course went in the swing for quite some time. Tonight we're going to make stuffed pork chops for dinner and I hope your family likes them. I know Rosalee will like them because I'm using some of her favorite ingredients- pork chops, apples, and bacon.

0 comments: