27 June 2009

Much needed update

I know many people (not really, mostly just my mom) have been wondering what we've been up to lately. So without further delay- here's the last two weeks of our lives!
Jesse~
He's in Alaska and his cousin sent some pictures of them so I could post them on the blog. I've also included the ones I took on the morning Jesse left for Alaska. The first one is with his friend Kyle who was WONDERFUL and took Jesse to the airport in Salt Lake for me. He also got Jesse some buddy pass tickets so we were able to save a few hundred dollars with those. Kyle will be headed to Naknek soon to work in the cannery so he gets to see Jesse before I do. (LUCKY PUNK!) The other two are from now. I like how small Jesse looks, especially with that tall guy behind him. I would like to also point out he is wearing 3 shirts under that jackets and barely looks as filled out as his cousins... ah Jesse... I also love his uncle's goofy grin. So much for looking like hard Alaskan men! The last picture is of one of the many projects Jesse worked on before the fishing season opened. The chain was rusted and the rest of the machinery looked nasty so Jesse worked on making it look better. While working on this one of the captains from the show Deadliest Catch came up to him and started talking with him. He thought it was interesting that the guy would talk to him but as he puts it, "Alaskans are just more laid back I guess".
Rosalee~
She is VERY active and VERY talkative! To keep her busy, and my sanity, I signed her up for some swim lessons. For little kids it's more of play time in the water but she still enjoyed herself. At first she'd get upset if her ears got wet but by the end she would stick her face in the water and lie back getting everything but her face wet. She even can sort of doggy paddle. She turns her hands in the water while kicking her feet but I'm pretty sure she'd sink if I let her go. But it's a start and it gives us something to improve on. It also seems like her hair has exploded off of her head. I have to pull her hair back everyday or it gets in her eyes. Which means her food, toys, dirt, etc. gets in her hair making for some interesting highlights... She use to fight me on it but now she'll sit and let me do it. She even picks out the color hair tie she wants and how many ponytails I should make. She also likes to feed herself most of the time. It makes a mess most of the time, but I think it's important for her to do. Sometimes if she gets frustrated she'll say, "Mommy feed you" and hand me the spoon/fork to help her. But after one or two bites she wants the spoon back to try and do it herself. Potty training is still going great. Rosalee tells me if she needs to go to the bathroom and most of the time she's still dry when we get there. If she isn't she'll still go some in the toilet. I'm not sure if she'll be fully trained by the time Zeke gets here, but even if she isn't she uses less diapers than most kids her age which will be nice.

The second picture is actually pretty funny and has an interesting story. We have an extremely nice stray cat in the neighborhood that Rosalee LOVES! If he's outside she'll run up to him and pet him and talk to him. One day after church we found him sleeping on the porch. Rosalee grabbed her pacifier and laid down next to him. Instead of getting up, attacking her, etc. the cat rolled over and snuggled with her! This picture was taken a few minutes after Rosalee was snuggling with him. The cat was purring the whole time and Rosalee cried when I made her come inside for a nap.

Rosalee had A LOT of fun helping wash Aunt Tia's car. Most of the water ended up on her but a good time was had by all!

I just think this is so cute! She was singing to her baby so I grabbed the camera and quick got some film of it. You can also see her pigtails that (for once) are even because of how much she doesn't fit me on getting her hair done now.



There are several videos of Rosalee swimming that I don't expect most people to watch. I took these with Jesse in mind so he could see how much progress she made in just two weeks. The last video is my favorite because she LOVES crawling on the steps and licking the water. It's hard to see but she's still hesitant about going down the kid slide but again, something for us to work on. The first one is great because it shows off how she tries to paddle and kick in the water. At first I'd hold her and the teacher would move her arms/legs but now she does it by herself. I do have some photos of her in the pool but I think the videos better show off what she's been doing.
Marie/Zeke~
We are one, for now, so what he does I do and I do he does. I went to the doctor and I'm still not gaining a lot of weight but she isn't concerned because my stomach is growing so the baby is growing. She isn't concerned about my activity level or upcoming travel plans so I assume that means Zeke is doing good and staying where he should for the next 5-9 weeks. Other than feeling large and chasing Rosalee I've been very busy with some crafts. I've made several bibs and receiving blankets for Zeke and have a few more things I plan on making for him. I also made Rosalee a pillowcase and am working on a blanket to match. Along with those I'm also making her a skirt with matching jacket and another smaller pillowcase. For all of my nephews I'm currently making Hawaiian button up shirts that should (hopefully) be done by the 4th of July. As soon as I have a good collection of finished things I'll take a picture and show off my projects. I'll also make sure and get some pictures of me next weekend at the family reunion so I can post some of my ever growing belly.

1 comments:

Unknown said...

I hope Jesse is continuing to do well out fishing. I'm cold in Australia, so I can't imagine what it's like in the ocean in Alaska!
I love Rosalie singing! Too great! I'm so glad you do the videos. They're really nice to watch.
You look like you're doing well (from the videos). Who knew you were such a sewing queen?! The clothes my mom made for me were some her favorites outfits that I wore as a toddler/child.
Love you 3(+1)!
Angie