10 June 2009

The end of Indiana

It's taken me longer than it should but I'm FINALLY going to post some of the pictures from Jesse's graduation and our move to Idaho. These first photos are of what we came home from Hawaii to "enjoy". That Friday night there was a huge rain/lightning storm and our ghetto fabulous house flooded. The water came pouring in from under the backdoor and my husband had the "joy" of bailing out the house with a bucket, building a dam, and then mopping up the mess. We used all of our towels and still couldn't clean everything up. Several boxes in the living room got wet on the bottom so we had to repack some of them. A few of them were of clothes (mostly my non-maternity ones) so we had to wash them before repacking them. Now you're thinking, "but how did things in the living room get wet?" The water went from the backdoor, under the wall and halfway into the living room. By Monday, when we left, the carpet was still soaked. Can't you just smell the mildew!?

As I wiped the walls of the cabinet part of them caved in. BARF!
Now for something not disgusting... Jesse's graduation from Purdue! Here are some of the pictures we took before the graduation ceremony started. Jesse had a few places on campus that he wanted to get photos of before he left Indiana.
The last picture cracks us up because Rosalee was OUT for the majority of the ceremony. She woke up right before Jesse received his diploma and then only lasted for about thirty minutes. The nice part of leaving early was we beat the traffic!

After graduation our friend came over so we could say good-bye. We just LOVE these girls!!! Sophie and Isabelle have been so sweet to us, but especially to Rosalee. Rosalee loved playing with them and would get so excited to see them. They are on our list of people we will miss and hope to one day see again.
MOVING DAY!

Jesse was able to fit everything into the truck with A LOT of room to spare. He has a talent for being able to squeeze a quarter in a dime slot. If you need help loading a truck, he's the man to call!
I forgot about taking pictures during our move, but I did take some pictures when we went to Sturgis, South Dakota. Sturgis is famous for a yearly motorcycle rally so we thought it'd be fun to stop. We went to a motorcycle museum and then walked around the town. I think it was a lot nicer to be there when it's dead then with hundreds of smelly bikers.

We wanted to eat here (just to say we did) but they weren't open yet. I guess they open for Memorial Day weekend and then stay open for the summer. So if you're in Sturgis this summer, stop in and let me know what it's like!

We stopped for gas and I got SO excited to look around and see nothing but mountains. The air just smelled different and was a lot colder than I was expecting. I didn't realize HOW much I missed the mountains until I saw them again.

A random shot of Jesse and Rosalee at a park in West Yellowstone, Montana

Exhausted after several days of moving, Rosalee passed out under her book!

1 comments:

Cali said...

Sturgis! It is actually more fun with the bikers. You shjould have hit up deadwood too. It is just off the highway a bit. My parents are actually from around there so I have been there a lot. I am glad you saw it though. I am sure jessi enjoyed the bikes! I am glad you are all moved in. I hope the aby waits till jessi gets home too. Good luck for the next 6 weeks!