06 April 2009

Weird weekend

I guess the weekend was only weird for me because I was home alone. It was VERY weird to not have Jesse and Rosalee around but I was able to get some cleaning and packing done. It's amazing how fast you can get dishes and laundry done without the "help" of a 17 month old! It was hard for me to sleep at night though because it was too quiet. I made Trouble climb in bed with me and I finally dozed off to the sounds of her snoring. On Saturday I spent the morning cleaning and then I went to my friend's house to watch General Conference. It was nice to be able to listen to it without the distraction of a little one demanding my attention. It seemed like a lot of the talks were able being happy with where you are in life and what you have. The concept of being happy with the path you're given to walk down in life seemed to pop up more than once, but maybe it just seemed that way to me because that's an issue in my life right now. That night my friends Tina and Michelle went to dinner with me at a Thai restaurant and then we went back to Tina's house. We ate ice cream on brownies and then made pretzel bread. I felt EXTREMELY full but it was so so so good!!! On Sunday I woke up and continued to clean the house. Around 11:45 I found myself looking out the window periodically to see if Jesse had come home yet. I felt silly because he only left Friday afternoon but when I finally saw him pull up I was very excited. Within a few hours the house looked like I hadn't cleaned it at all and the house was fairly noisy again. It was great though! I'd take a noisy, rarely organized/cleaned house any day over being alone.
Jesse had the camera for the weekend so here are the pictures he took at his sister's house in Ohio. He says that on Friday Rosalee played with her cousins while he spent time with his sister. On Saturday they played some more, watched Conference, decorated some eggs for Easter, and then celebrated Jason's (our brother-in-law) birthday by going to a restaurant for dinner. On Sunday they woke up, ate breakfast, and then made their way home to Indiana. I sent the two of them off with one tiny suitcase and they returned with it, a large booster seat, two huge bags of clothes for Rosalee, and a bag of Mary Kay make-up products. From here on out, Jesse can NOT make fun of me for bringing home extra stuff from our vacations!

The weather was so nice on Friday Rosalee and I played outside while we waited for Jesse to come home from school. It's funny to think that this is the same sensory box she would sit in to play in last fall. Then she liked to touch the beans but she didn't interact much with the objects. Now she plays with the toys, scoops the beans, pours them on herself and laughs, asks me to play, etc. I love seeing how involved she gets with her toys now.

Rosalee had a great time playing with her aunt and cousins

It doesn't matter where we are, Rosalee's favorite thing to do is look at books!

Cousins in playing dress up with hats, so cute!!

Jason and Beth have been working on fixing their house and this is their front sitting room with a new paint job.
Jesse isn't use to being around Rosalee without me so there are a lot of little things he doesn't think to do. One is not to give Rosalee an unpeeled hard boiled egg until he's right there, ready to help her. He handed her the egg and she got so excited that she took a bite out of it. As you can tell by the look on her face she doesn't like the taste of egg shell. Jesse said they were able to color 3 or 4 and then Rosalee got bored and just wanted to eat the eggs. But at least they got to have some fun first!

Jacob decorating his eggs

Beth helping Lindy color her eggs

Tyler decorating his eggs

Rosalee with her cousins. We have other pictures where she's smiling, but it took a few times to get Lindy to look at the camera so by this point Rosalee was annoyed with Jesse.

Rosalee LOVED the slide! She kept saying, "slide", "more slide", or "Daddy slide".
On Sunday afternoon Rosalee was running around in the kitchen and slipped. She fell into the counter and bumped her head. At first Jesse thought she had just hit her head but a little later I noticed a fairly large gash in her hair line. As time passed it got darker and looked worse. I tried to put some ice on it but anyone who has dealt with toddler can imagine how "easy" that was! Finally she laid down for a nap and went right to sleep. I went to check on her 1/2 hour later and I saw that the cut was larger and a goose egg was forming. My poor baby! For the rest of the night she'd touch her forehead and say, "I bonk" and then frown. To make it better she's (finally!!) getting more teeth. The teeth on either side of her top teeth are starting to come in so her gums are swollen and red. To make her feel better I held a cold wash cloth to her head and let her suck/chew on the bottom part of it.

I win Mom of the Year for not noticing her cut for almost 2 hours. In my defence her hair covers it for the most part.

This was what I found during her nap. It is kind of hard to tell but her goose egg extended down to just above her eyebrows.

0 comments: