31 March 2009

The ultrasound of baby #2

Today we had our ultrasound for baby #2. I hadn't fully made up my mind on whether or not I was going to find out the gender but my mind was made up for me! It's funny because with Rosalee I HAD to know, but couldn't find out. With this baby I didn't care and I couldn't help but find out. As soon as the technician turned the screen to show me the baby swimming around I knew the baby was a boy. I asked if what I thought were the "man parts" were in fact them and she said, "Yep, you're having a son!" So there you have it. If I want to know, I don't find out. If I don't want to find out I get a kid who won't put it away. We say the heart, stomach, bladder, all 10 toes and fingers, the spine, head, etc. and everything looks wonderful. We are VERY thankful that our son looks healthy and is developing typically. From the measurements my due date was moved from the 14th to the 19th of August but I don't think a few days will matter in the end. Babies will come when they feel like it so he may come on the 10th or he may come on the 24th, it just depends on when he feels like making an appearance! Jesse's birthday is the 20th so I think it'd be fun to have dad and son share a birthday... mostly because I'd only have to make one cake. Kidding, just kidding. Jesse's sister is due on the 20th of August so I jokingly say the race is on! We'll have to see which one of us has our baby first.

Now for the pictures; the only reason people really look at blogs. We have a couple of the gender that I'll keep private. You'll just have to take my word on it. :)
We were given a CD with about 35-40 pictures on it and I'll just share a few of my favorite ones.
I was surprised but our technician took a few of the fancy ultrasound pictures of his face. I like the first one a lot because on the screen he was moving his hand back and forth like he was waving. In the second picture he started sucking on his thumb. It seems like his nose is the same as Rosalee's and Jesse's so I think our kids will look alike. He was using the placenta as a pillow so it was very hard to get a full facial shot but I don't mind.

I'm not sure why, but I HAVE to see the spine and make sure everything is fine with it. I was that with Rosalee and I was that way again today. So here is a nice, healthy, long spine for everyone to ooohh and aaaahhh about.

Here are our son's HUGE feet! The technician said in the 17-18 years she's been doing this these are some of the biggest feet she's ever seen. YIKES! She said that his feet are almost newborn size so we shouldn't run out and buy any clothes, especially shoes, just yet. Jesse and I laugh because we both have small feet but I can imagine having someone tall in the house could come in handy in the future.

It was easier to tell on the video but these are his hands. On the video we saw all of his fingers wiggling around and you can kind of make out the ten separate digits here.

To answer the question I KNOW we'll get next- yes we do have a name picked out for him. The only problem we're having is agreeing on how to spell it. So I leave this question to all of you readers because your opinion will honestly choose how to spell our son's name. How do you spell Zeek/Zeke/Zeik/Zeeke, etc??? I have my way of spelling it and Jesse has his. We've decided to let other people choose for us. How would you spell it if you heard someone say it? We'd really like him to not have to clarify the spelling on his name for the rest of his life if we can help it. So please comment and we'll let you know what we pick! His middle name will be William after my grandfather on my dad's side. I'm pretty sure he'll be the only kid in school with the initials ZWJ.

12 comments:

Melissa said...

YAY!! Congrats!!
Those are great ultrasound pictures.
... and I'd spell it Zeke.

Unknown said...

Yippee! Congrats! I'd go with Zeke.

Michelle said...

Yay! Congratulations on a boy! Boys are too much fun! And I would spell it Zeke if I had to guess...

Jared, Christine, and The Boys said...

Yay a boy! I would go with Zeke, like everyone else, for the spelling. That is a super cute name! Congrats guys!

Little Yancey Family said...

Congrats! Little boys are so much fun! I'd spell it Zeke. Good choice on the name!

crystal said...

Whahoo a boy! That's so exciting. There is a guy with that name in my ward and he spells it Zeke, so there's my two cents.

Michele said...

yeah I'm so excited for you. You can finally get pee shooting at you! Congrats!

lindsey said...

I love the picture of the profile! so cute!
on the spelling...
I like Zeke.
John likes Zeek.

Does that help? haha.

Stephen, Terren & Peyton said...

Congrats!! We are so excited for you guys! A boy is so fun (of course we don't know otherwise). I think Zeke and Stephen thinks Zieke but it looks like you might already have your decision made according to everyone else - you should let us know what you guys thought. The name we have picked out for a girl (when we have one), we have the same issue with spelling. Anyways, way exciting and of course so great to hear that he is healthy!

jeremyand jessicapotter said...

such cool pictures. Its amazing what they can do now. Congrats

Anna said...

Yay for a boy! They are so much fun! He will definitely keep you running! I agree with the majority, I would spell it Z-E-K-E. Hope you are doing well. We made it to AZ this week and are all moved in with my parents. We are meeting with a lender and realtor next week, so we will see where the next few months take us. Wish Jesse GOOD LUCK with the rest of school and securing a job! Miss you!

The Webber's said...

Congrats! Your 3D pix are much better than ours. We were able to get a few face shots as well but baby #2 wouldn't cooperate and too much junk to get a clear shot, so lucky you! Good luck with the job and new baby this summer!