13 April 2009

Easter weekend

On Saturday Rosalee and I decorated boiled eggs while Jesse was taking a chainsaw class. (Seriously... he know is an "expert" on how to make trees fall down) I wasn't sure how dye and a toddler would mix so I gave her some crayons to use and I dyed the eggs myself.

Rosalee had fun coloring on the eggs with her crayons. She thought using 2-4 crayons was better so I had a hard time convincing her otherwise.

Saying "cheeeeeeeeessse!" with her masterpiece.

I tried having her pose again but she kept trying to eat the egg! If you look at the top of the egg you'll see where she already bit it.

Our lovely creations! Every year I try something different and this year I tried using a rubber band to make funky designs. The second picture is of my rubber banded egg. We made an egg with a special crayon message for Jesse. On the other side of the egg it says "Happy Easter".
After Jesse got home I hid the eggs in the yard and we let Rosalee find them. At first I think she was confused, but she quickly caught on. We had to keep a very close eye on her because she kept trying to eat the eggs, shell and all.


On Easter morning we slept in, which was GREATLY appreciated by me! Rosalee was excited to find a basket of food and promptly sat down to eat it. She got some new toys as well and I couldn't get a picture of the third toy because she wouldn't stay still long enough. (So look for that to come later.) Jesse got some candy and I got a quilting frame. The frames at the store cost over $100 and Jesse built me an exact replica for $25!!! So if any of you are serious hand quilters let me know and I'll give you the information on how to build your own frame. Jesse wasn't able to finish the clamps in time so my frame isn't ready to use quite yet. He said he'll get them done either today or tomorrow so by Wednesday I should be ready to go! I had a great Easter dinner planned but by the time it came to start cooking all I wanted to do was sleep (because of a terrible headache) so we've decided to postpone it for a day or two.
Rosalee with her Easter basket on Sunday morning. It was filled with boiled eggs, a banana, and an orange. Yes, we're mean parents and don't give our child candy. Rosalee did get a Sesame Street cash register that she LOVES! She doesn't understand how to use the cash register exactly but that doesn't stop her from pushing all the buttons.

Jesse with his Easter candy

Rosalee with her new farm floor puzzle we got her for Easter. She kept taking the animal pieces out and making the noises and then laughing.

A rare photo of Marie (yes I do still exist!!) with Rosalee. We were all dressed up and ready to go to church.

These are the best shots we could get of Rosalee in her pretty Easter dress. Both of these were taken while catching Rosalee stealing snacks off the shelf. Jesse and I bought her the dress last year when the Easter dresses went on sale so it's nice to FINALLY see it off the hanger and on the baby! Is it just me or does her dress look like a fairy dress?

0 comments: