06 March 2009

March madness

I wish I were talking about basketball, but it's us...
This week the weather has been getting warmer! Woo hoo!! Sadly though, "warmer" here is 40s-maybe low 60s but we'll take what we can get. On Monday it was beautiful blue sky and sunny outside so both Rosalee and I stared out the windows longingly to go outside. I decided that when Jesse got home we'd go to the park. My reasoning behind this was so he could join in our fun and it would around 4 o'clock so it would be as warm as it was going to get. We dressed Rosalee in several layers and we headed off to the park! We were the only people there so Rosalee got to play and do pretty much whatever she wanted to do.


In the second picture she was saying "smile". I just love her goofy little grin!

Not quite like playing in the sand in Mississippi, but it'll do for now!

Rosy cheeks and nose from playing outside for 50 minutes

Rosalee LOVES helping us and we're torn on what to do about it. We want her to want to help but really at this point she just gets in the way. :) We're leaning toward letting her "help" and trying to teach her ways and things that might actually be helpful...

In the first picture she was helping me sort laundry. At first she would take it out of the basket and drag it around the room so having her sit and play in the basket is a HUGE improvement! The second one is hard to make out but it is of a bruise on her big toe. She was "helping" Jesse put groceries away and decided that the largest can in the bag was the one she was going to take. At first we thought she just dropped the large can next to her foot because she didn't cry too much and we didn't see any bruising. It wasn't until the next day when I saw her toe and she was being difficult when I was trying to put her socks on. Right now as I type this she is taking all the receiving blankets off the shelf, putting them on the floor, and then rearranging them. Apparently Jesse and I have no idea how blankets are suppose to be sorted!

Rosalee's hair has been bothering me lately. Her bangs were getting into her eyes and the back longest curls were stringy and easily tangled. I finally got tired of her rubbing her eyes and getting food in her bangs so I just grabbed them in a bunch and cut them. Then I had her sit and watch a cartoon so I could even them out some. Jesse said he would trim her hair in the back so I let him. He just cut off the longest curls and made them even with the next layer. Neither one of us wanted to cut near her ears so we cut her hair at an angle. We like to pretend we know what we're doing and tell people we cut it so it would grow out into a nice bob style. We cut the back of her hair before church so it wasn't until later that night when we made it neater while she was taking a bath. The nice thing about having a kid with wavy hair is if we don't cut it perfectly no one will know!

The above pictures are of Jesse cutting off her curls, her shorter somewhat even bangs, and the pile of curls Jesse cut off.

Our poor baby has had AWFUL diarrhea this week! It has been the pure liquid, burn your bum kind. On Wednesday afternoon it got so bad that her skin started to blister and chap. We decided that she needed to "air out" but our house is too cold for that. So we used the cloth diapers we have for a few days to see if that would help any. As much as neither one of us wanted to deal with cleaning cloth diapers we were willing to do anything to help Rosalee. Much to our satisfaction the diapers paid off! Within 24 hours of using bag balm and cloth diapers Rosalee went from blisters and chapped skin to just dark pink irritated skin. The funniest part is we don't have any safety pins (I know, weird, but honestly when do you think to buy them!?) so we had to use duck tape to keep her diapers on. We think Rosalee should go as Redneck Cupid from the Ozarks next year for Halloween. :)

Our sweet little Rosalee still wanted to be potty trained even while being sick. She was actually able to make it to the toilet most of the time despite having nasty diarrhea. We are SO proud of her for even trying to use the toilet while being sick.

2 comments:

jeremyand jessicapotter said...

I love the duct tape that is great! So I wish there was some major secret to my grocery saving success. However I just organize my coupons from the Sunday paper, and the mail on Tue and than I wait for the store to run a sale on that item. So than I get the sale price plus the coupon price and than I pay hardly anything! yay

Sook said...

Marie, Rosalee is so cute! She is full of energy, isn't she? By the way, I love her new hair! :)