25 March 2009

Upcoming events

There are several upcoming events on my mind that I'm slightly embarrassed to admit I've been obsessing over.
1. Friday (2 days from now) a job that has been in connection with Jesse several times is going to decide on who to hire. This is a job that Jesse would love to do, it is in an area we would love to live in, and the timing of it all would work out perfectly. Now we just have to wait and see if they decide to hire him or not. Jesse has several (by this I mean 50+) other applications out so if we don't get this job there are others. He's received some rejection letters so he's starting to get nervous/worried but we're trying to keep the faith that everything will work out for us in the end.
2. Tuesday is our ultrasound! I was dead set on not finding out the gender of this baby but now that the day is getting closer I feel myself being tempted to find out the gender. Does it matter if I find out now? No. But I'm not a patient person so I'm HORRIBLE at waiting!
3. There is no exact day/time but we're looking forward to Rosalee getting better. She went to the doctor today and he said she seems to be improving, but he wants us to be more aggressive with treatments. So now she gets to sit in the bathroom and play during our showers, take 2 baths a day, have a humidifier going almost all day, and take prescription baby decongestive medicine. Hopefully this is actually help her to get better sooner and not just be something to keep us, and her, busy. One negative thing is she lost almost 2 pounds since her 15 month appointment. The doctor thinks it is from a mixture of being sick and FINALLY having nice weather to run around outside in. Jesse explained that she just spent two weeks running around a farm in Washington and then the doctor didn't act as concerned. He still wants us to have her up to 25 pounds by her 18 month check up. She was 21 1/2 pounds today... time to load on the butter and stop by McDonalds I guess!
4. May. I know I need to get April over and done with, but I'm getting excited about May. Rosalee will turn 18 months old, my mom will fly here, Jesse and I will go to Hawaii, he'll graduate school, and we'll start a whole new chapter in our lives. I'm sure April won't be without happy, fun days but for now I could just skip it and go straight to May!

4 comments:

Jared, Christine, and The Boys said...

I'm thinking the job you're referring to is the one that would bring you a lot closer to this warm part of the continent. If it is, then I'll tell you that we've been praying for you, so hopefully it works out! Good Luck!

Michele said...

I hope Jesse gets the job. Life is less stressful when you're not looking for a job. I think you should find out the sex of the baby because I have no patience at all. Did you find out with Rosalee? I don't remember. And I hope Rosalee gets feeling better soon. Ryan just had his 18 month appointment. He is 25 lbs 5oz. He is such a little beef cake. Jacob was not that big at 18 months. I think he was like 22 or 23 lbs.

Michelle said...

Those are all very exciting things to look forward to! Good luck with the job. Hopefully it pans through for you. We'll keep you in our prayers. I felt the same way about the ultrasound... I hadn't actually made up my mind until the day or so before that I didn't want to know though, so I only had to suffer through one day of knowing we would have to wait... unfortunately we still have one more ultrasound to go before the big day so it's like they're trying to mock us saying "here's another opportunity... oh and another. You sure you don't want to just peek a little?" The nice thing is I don't think anyone will make any judgements if you decide to change your mind and 'find out'. And if they do- they're stupid. I hope Rosalee gets better soon. Jack's sick today too. :( No fun.

Michelle said...

Hey Marie! I tagged you on my pregnancy blog if you want to do it (joyofbirth.blogspot.com)