28 February 2009

Learn to love to laugh

Rosalee really enjoys trying to make us laugh. She always is laughing and smiling so I think it makes her feel better to know we're smiling along with her. The other day I was having a "fun" phone conversation with the insurance company and I started to cry out of the overwhelming frustration I was starting to feel. Rosalee kept smiling at me and saying, "funny" which is what we say when we start laughing. When she saw I was still crying she said, "no cry mommy" which only made me cry harder. When she realized that desperate times call for desperate measures she leaned over and blew on my leg. We'll blow on her stomach and make the fart sounds to make her laugh so she knew what she was doing. So there I was crying like an idiot with my sweet daughter making fart noises on my leg. Needless to say the crying soon stopped and I hugged my kid so tight and was never happier to have her in my life.
Last night we were singing with Rosalee and she lifted up her leg to her stomach and made a fart sound with her mouth. I know this is unlady-like and pretty gross but for her to do that on her own, out of nowhere caught us off guard. We started laughing which only made her do it again. 10 minutes later I was crying from laughing so loud, Jesse was rolling on the floor, and Rosalee was folded in half laughing.
Rosalee is such a joy in our house and she can make us smile and laugh all the time. At her young age she is already showing signs of empathy and tries to make people happy. We really hope this is something that will stay with her throughout her life and that she will make others just as happy as we are.

1 comments:

Michelle said...

Such a cute blog entry!