16 February 2009

The symphony

We went to the Lafayette Symphony Children's' Show on the 6th of February but I haven't had the time to upload the pictures until now. The show was downtown, in Lafayette, and FREE! I was afraid we'd be the only people with small babies but it seemed like the average age was 3 so I wasn't too concerned. We went with my friend Melissa and her baby Mia.

Before the show they had a "petting zoo" of the instruments used in a symphony. Rosalee got to push some buttons on a clarinet and flute while the ladies blew air into them. She kept smiling and laughing, thinking it was the greatest thing. Then I found a small tuba that I wanted Rosalee to pose by because my brother plays the tuba. At first she was fine, but as soon as the guy stood it up she started crying. I'm not sure if it scared her having something bigger than her but we still took a picture once she calmed down.

Here we are posing before the show, attempting to get our friend Neal in the background. Rosalee was smiling really big in the picture of the two of us because they has started doing some warm-ups and I think she was getting excited. After the show Neal let the girls "play" his cello and then took some pictures with the babies. Rosalee liked banging on the bottom of the cello like it was a drum so maybe she'll grow up to play percussion.

I'm sorry the video is dark but it was during the show so what do you expect!? I think it's funny how she was dancing, pestering people, and just having a great time.

2 comments:

Stephen, Terren & Peyton said...

Happy Birthday Marie from Stephen (well actually all of us)! We hope it was/is great!!! Also congrats on baby #2! I totally understand your concerns - one day we will be there too and it scares me to death! Good luck with everything!

jeremyand jessicapotter said...

Happy Birthday! Hope Jesse spoiled you silly, and that you are feeling better. It is no fun to sick on your birthday.