01 February 2009

January has come to an end

The past month has been very busy and very crazy for us. We went on vacation, had to move out because of mold, moved back in and froze, continued to freeze, Jesse thought he wouldn't graduate due to his advisor over looking important information, Jesse found out he would graduate but is behind on applying for jobs, Jesse got very sick and coughs all day and all night, Rosalee is just Rosalee so that keeps me rather busy, Jesse and I started teaching Saturday school, Rosalee FINALLY was able to see the doctor and get her 12 month shots just shy of being 15 months, and the other random occurrences of life. The following picture of Rosalee pretty much sums up how we're all feeling at the moment.
Here's to February and a not as crazy hectic life!!

*On a side note when we went to the doctor and were told she needed 4 shots. I said I didn't want her to get the chicken pox vaccine because I thought it wasn't necessary at this point. (I'm not awful, I just think she can get it later. You find several infants who have died from chicken pox and I'll act a little more concerned.) The doctor then proceeds to tell us that the whole state is out of the Hib vaccine. I'm not sure how this happens but I guess it has happened. So they have purchased a new combo drug that should arrive in the next few weeks. The combo drug has the Hib and some other one that she needs so they told me she was only going to get 2 shots instead. So I gave in and decided that she could get the chicken pox vaccine since her system wasn't going to be overloaded with too many shots. The only problem is now she'll be 5, or more, months behind on getting the booster for whatever it is that she's suppose to be vaccinated against. The doctor didn't seem to be concerned about it so neither are we.

Rosalee currently weighs 21 pounds and 6 ounces. She's gained barely a pound since her 1 year appointment. The doctor said it isn't good, but at least she's growing so he isn't that concerned. They didn't measure her so I'm not sure how tall she is but I'll just say, there are several children months younger than her that are starting to get taller. Poor kid, she got her mother's genes!

1 comments:

Anna said...

I hope that your February adventures are much better. Braden isn't gaining weight so we go to the doctor every month for weight checks. He has been eating lots of butter and cream lately. Good luck applying for jobs. It is a very exciting time! See you soon!