24 February 2009

Thanks IHOP!

Today was rather crazy, but thanks to IHOP I can go to sleep a happy lady. We started the day by going to buy Jesse's graduation present only to find out the seller didn't have the right paperwork. We paid him anyway, only to later cancel the check because we weren't sure if he would truly provide us with the paperwork. He got mad, Jesse got mad, and I got sad. I don't like contention and I didn't like feeling like I failed at getting Jesse a present. But when the dust settled we explained we'd write a new check as soon as he could provide us with the much needed documents. I just hate having people try to make me feel guilty over things that aren't my fault, AT ALL, because I easily give into it. I'm sorry if you don't have a lot of money but you can't use that as an excuse to sell things illegally pal.
How does IHOP help? I'll tell you! Today was free pancake day. Yes, FREE! They give you a stack of 3 pancakes and ask you to make a donation to the Children's Miracle Network. So 9 pancakes later, a small plate of scrambled eggs (Rosalee kept asking for eggs), and some lemonade I went home a lot happier than I had left.
Yesterday Jesse and I got haircuts that I'll post pictures of later. (It's weird how often you need to cut your hair to upkeep it when it isn't very long.) Now my hair will grow out into a cute bob instead of the junior mullet it was turning into. I also got some highlights put in the front. Yes mom, my hair will AGAIN be different the next time you see me! I got carmel blond and dark auburn highlights that I love.
For those of you with tiny kiddos I need some help! Rosalee is also in need of a haircut but I'm TERRIFIED to take scissors anywhere near her head. What do I do? Hang her from her toes and clip it? Do it when she's sleeping? Put her in a headlock? Ignore it and clip it back because she's a girl and I can get away with that? Your advice is needed!!!

2 comments:

Jared, Christine, and The Boys said...

I don't know if this will help... Lucas has had 3 haircuts now. Two were pretty torturous based on his mood. Basically, we discovered that he loves the muppets, so we let him watch it on a small DVD player and take clippers to the back of his head. Then I used water to give him a mo-hawk and cut the top, then we just spike it all over and cut it with scissors to make it kind of even. It's quite the process! Put it off as long as you can!

Michele said...

I think cutting boys hair would be much easier. Ryan absolutely loved his haircut because he saw Chris cutting Jacob's hair first. Jacob's first haircut he cried because he didn't know what exactly we were trying to do. Once he realized that it didn't hurt he was okay with it. But the way we cut their hair is with a razor, which makes it pretty easy. You can't really mess up.