12 February 2009

Time to make it official

We've told a few people, but I guess it is time to make the official announcement to all our friends and family. We're having baby #2 this August! Jesse and I are very excited but nervous at the same time. He's nervous about getting a job right after graduation (this May) and I'm nervous about several things. Like Jesse I'm nervous about employment, insurance, but also trying to raise two kids when I was just starting to get the hang of one! Actually Rosalee is very good and sweet to babies so I'm not too worried. My biggest concern comes from feeling like I won't be able to give them both the attention and love I feel they deserve. I guess taking care of the kids I watch now is good practice for the not too distant future. :)

Some information on baby #2-
*He/she is about the size of a lemon**We'll get to hear the heartbeat at my appointment on the 23rd**My iron levels (I had blood work done yesterday) are A LOT better than when I was pregnant with Rosalee**I crave milk, which I find disgusting yet satisfying**You won't know the gender of the baby until after he/she is born**We already have some names picked out but are having a hard time with middle names**Every time I tell Rosalee there is a baby in my belly she looks under my shirt and then gives me a funny look*

12 comments:

Little Yancey Family said...

Congrats! how exciting! I'm sure you'll be great at giving enough attention to both. Mommys have lots of love to go around!

Joy Carlton said...

Congrats! I am so excited for you. You are going to do great being a mom of two.

Michelle said...

Hey I wrote a thing saying Congratulations but I closed it before I noticed it didn't go through... So if you get two, sorry. :)

CONGRATULATIONS you guys! That is definitely very exciting 'official' news! Reading through your blog reminds me of similar feelings I have with our 2nd pregnancy too. It's scary, but exciting. Good luck with everything. Hope you're feeling well and that your housing fiasco gets cleaned up and straightened up right away!

Tiffany Alldredge Smith said...

Congratulations!!

Michele said...

Marie, I'm so excited for you guys!!!! I am so glad you did not have to wait as long for this one (well I'm just assuming.) You will do great having 2 kids. It's not that big of an adjustment. You'll get the hang of it within the first week. As for looking for a job, you guys will find one. Hopefully close to CA so that we can play with you guys. We have missed your family.

crystal said...

Yeah! I'm so happy for you guys. Congratulations! I'm feeling a lot of the same things, but we'll get through it!

Gigi said...

Woo Hoo! Congratulations! Rosalee will have so much fun being a big sister and you'll be great with two Marie. Hope all goes well for Jesse in finding a job at the right time too.

Unknown said...

Yippee!! Congratulations!!

Anna said...

HOORAY! I am so excited for you and Jesse! How are you feeling? Rosalee is going to be a great big sister, and you are going to be an amazing mother of 2. I can't wait to see you in March!

lindsey said...

yea! we are so excited for you two! hopefully you can move a little closer so we can see your family more often!
..and I can't believe you're not finding out the gender! you are so brave!

jeremyand jessicapotter said...

congrats! we are so excited for you guys. you guys def. are having a year of changes!

Sook said...

Oh Marie, congratulations!! I am so happy for you!