08 March 2010

Please stay!

Dear Mr. Sun,
I am writing to you to ask you to PLEASE stay. We love being outside and it is a lot easier to do so when you're around. I know the pesky weatherman said it might snow this week, but don't listen to him. We promise that if you stay we'll make the most of it and go outside a lot. I'll even let you burn my nose if that helps.
Cordially,
The James family
The sun is shining and we're all so happy about it!
He was SO happy today! I guess seeing the sun can do that to a person...
Rosalee found a big rock and told me I needed to take it's picture
My sweet family all squished together outside
Look who can sit by himself now!
They were "cooking" with some beans that have been outside in the play kitchen since last fall. I didn't mind until Rosalee tried to eat some.

*On a peskier note~ Rosalee hit a "terrible two" milestone today I was hoping we wouldn't have to deal with. When we got the toddler bed for her I was afraid she'd climb in and out of it all the time and we'd have to fight her to go to sleep. I was thankfully wrong! She would lie down and stay put. Even if she wasn't asleep she'd lie there and sing or talk to her toys. For the past few days she's been getting out of the bed after her nap and in the morning. Normally she'd lie in bed and holler for someone to come get her so it was nice not to have to listen to her yell at me. But today when I put her in bed for her nap she asked if I'd stay with her. I told her "no" and explained that I had to help Daddy. (He sprained his ankle playing church basketball the other day.) I was upstairs for maybe two minutes when I saw her walk into the living room and hop on the couch. When I asked her what she was doing upstairs she told me, "I'm not going to sleep, I want to play with you." So Jesse took her downstairs, put her in bed, and then closed her door. (Normally we leave it open slightly so we can hear her when she yells for us.) I heard her singing for a few minutes and then she was silent. I haven't gone in to see what happened for fear of waking her. I hope that today was a fluke and that it doesn't happen again, but I'm sure that is just wishful thinking!

1 comments:

Anna said...

Welcome to the story of my life. Braden started climbing out of his crib when he was 20 months. Ever since that day I have to sit next to his bed for 45-60 minutes before he finally decides to hit the snooze button. Throughout the 45-60 minutes I have to wrestle him to stay laying down. It has probably been the hardest part of parenting for me. I dread nap and bedtime. I wish I had some tips for you, but I still am trying to figure it out. If you get any. Let me know!