11 March 2010

Meet Bluey

Rosalee got a betta fish from Jesse's Uncle Russ. She named him Chuck and she was very good at telling him "goodnight" and feeding him before bedtime. One day while we were cleaning and changing the water in his tank Chuck died. We have some suspicions on how he died but we won't go there...*cough Jesse COUGH*
A few days ago we went to Wal-Mart and Rosalee asked to "see the fishies" so I took her over there. She talked with them and then asked if we could get a "new Chuck" for her bedroom. The store was out of male bettas so I said no. Yesterday the same thing happen, only they weren't sold out of male bettas.
In the car Rosalee INSISTED on holding the fish! When I asked him what his name was she said, "hmmmm... Bluey." I thought she was saying the color so I repeated myself. She replied, with a bit of attitude, "The name is BLUEY!" Then she got sad and said, "I miss Chuck. He my favorite fishy. (Pause) But I like Bluey, he my new favorite."
Today at Wal-Mart she asked to see the fish so I let her. She saw a red betta (like Chuck) and said, "Chuck you live at Wal-Mart, you not dead!" I explained that it was Chuck's twin brother Charlie and she said, "Oh okay... I like Bluey NOT Charlie!"

She was very excited to give him some breakfast this morning. So excited that she refused to eat until Bluey had eaten.

1 comments:

Charlene said...

Oh my gosh, how cute is that?! I'd like to think that she named her first fish after me. :)