08 September 2009

Lazy crazy hazy summer days

I want to be one of those mothers who takes an annoying amount of photos of their children all throughout their lives. My goal in life will to one day here my child say, "UGH mom, why do you ALWAYS have to take our picture!?" So far, I've been doing pretty good at taking a million pictures of everything my kids do so I'm quite pleased with myself. Here are some random pictures of my family from the past few weeks as we've enjoyed the summer.
Zeke is awake and eating for most of the day. He eats every hour to two hours and then only eats every 4ish hours at night. It's nice to get sleep but sometimes I feel like he's attached to me ALL DAY!!! Here is one of his many hanging out times between feedings. Due to the fact that he's a healthy eater his face has filled out a lot and I just love his chubby little face!

Zeke's first bath~ I gave him a sponge bath because our bathroom wasn't finished and his belly button hasn't fallen off yet. As you can see from his fists of fiery he was NOT the happiest kid in town.

These pictures are from the first week we took Zeke to church. Jesse dressed Zeke in pants that were WAY too big and a monkey/jungle button up shirt. You just have to love husbands! Rosalee is wearing a dress that I bought 1 1/2 years ago at a post Easter sale. It finally fits her so I decided to let her wear it. She calls it her Tinkerbell dress and now has inspired me to have our family do Peter Pan themed Halloween costumes.

One day after feeding Zeke I put him on the bed to get a diaper and wipes. Rosalee climbed up and laid down next to him and then starting talking to him. She said all kinds of random things to him but some of the ones I remember are, "You a baby, no eat Popsicles", "Baby Zeke you silly hahahahaha!", and "You drink milk 'cause that's what babies do!" She then proceeded to sing to him while I changed his diaper.

We went up to Rexburg so Jesse's grandparents could meet Zeke. After leaving their house we went to the park to let Rosalee play. One of the parks in town has a FREE water play area called the Splash Park. I was SO excited to take Rosalee to it, but was sad when I found out it closes for the season on Labor Day. Rosalee had a lot of fun and spent a good 45 minutes playing with her dad. Again, Zeke was asleep for the majority of the event.

The first picture is of Rosalee enjoying one of those cream filled chocolate cupcakes. At first I was worried about how much sugar she'd consume but it doesn't look like she really ate that much of it. The second picture was taken right after Rosalee's nap. She came upstairs and put on her sunglasses. Then she asked to sit and watch a movie. A few minutes later she still had the sunglasses on and when I tried to take them off she told me, "No mommy! I a rock star!"

Jesse complains that I don't have enough pictures of myself so this one is for him. I took this picture while rocking Zeke to sleep (Rosalee was already sleeping) and then promptly took a nap myself!

1 comments:

Anna said...

Zeke is so adorable! I love the Peter Pan Halloween idea. Rosalee will be a cute Tinkerbell. Looks like you are enjoying life as a family of 4. Way to go, going to church already. I didn't go with Braden for like 6 weeks! Enjoy fall, and let me know when you have your pictures taken. I can't wait to see them! Happy belated birthday Jesse!