14 September 2009

1 month old already!?

Last Saturday Zeke turned one whole month old. It seems like his first month of life went by A LOT faster than Rosalee's. Here are some interesting facts about our tiny son-
*Rosalee calls him Zekey. We aren't sure where she came up with it but I find it ADORABLE! I can see it now, he'll be 17 and bring home a date to have his older sister call him Zekey. Oh how sweet it will be.
*He still wears preemie size clothes. The length of newborn clothes fit him but not the waist and bum. The clothes hang weird on him and he looks like a sack of potatoes.
*His dried umbilical cord fell off randomly last week during tummy time. Thankfully he was in my in-law's bed and not mine. :)
*He eats every hour to hour and a half during the day and then sleeps four to five hours at a time at night. Most days I feel like he's attached to me all day because he pretty much is!
*He can go from asleep to screaming mad from starvation in less than 10 seconds at times. Every now and then he'll give us the hunger warning signs but most of the time it goes like this- asleep, smack sound, screaming at the top of his lungs.
*He loves making o shapes with his mouth and is starting to make coo sounds at us.
*He smiles at us if we talk to him and laughs in his sleep.
*He LOVES to be snuggled! The tighter he's swaddled at night, the better he sleeps and if he's held by someone he'll go right to sleep.
*He has three looks-

Content, just hanging out

Starvin' Marvin

Happily sleeping

3 comments:

Anna said...

I can't believe he is a month old either! Zekey is a cute name, and he is such a handsome little guy! Hope you are doing well!

Joy Carlton said...

Wow, that month has gone by quickly. He is adorable. I love that Rosalee has a cute name for her little brother.

Unknown said...

Eating all the time. My kind of boy. I love my food. :)