16 September 2009

Fun at the fair

Jesse worked at the Eastern Idaho State Fair all of last week. He started work at 6 in the morning and would come home at 10-11 in the evening. The only way for the kids to see him is if we went to the fair and brought him dinner every night. It was great because it gave me something fun to do with the kids everyday, allowed them to see their dad, and kept my husband from eating greasy fair food 6 days in a row. We always were lucky enough to find parking close by on the street so we only paid to park once and we got in for free because Jesse's boss gave him a pass for me. Excluding Saturday the 12th (our crazy spend money day) I only spent $5 at the fair. I love having children too young to care about cotton candy and rides! I've already posted some pictures from the fair in the last two posts, but here are the rest of them.

Rosalee was excited to find "Rosalee size horses" and asked to stop at every one to talk to them.

Dinner and a show! We'd sit in the barn and eat dinner with Jesse every night so we got to see some of the competitions. I enjoyed the draft horses the most but I think they scared Rosalee a little.

What would I do without my baby backpack to help me hold Zeke!?

This is Minnie Mouse the miniature horse. Rosalee knelt by the pen for fifteen minutes talking, singing, and laughing at the horse. Ask her today what she liked about the fair and she'll tell you, "Minnie Mouse, she horse, I like Minnie Mouse horse."

Jesse felt bad about being gone all day so he'd eat his dinner as fast as he could so he could walk around with Rosalee until his break was over. Even though he smelled to high heaven like horses and barn Rosalee enjoyed riding on his shoulders and having Dad time.

We would look at the same animals every night but Rosalee didn't care. She would sit at the pen and talk with the animals about random things and sometimes she'd even sing to them.

Of course Rosalee loved the petting zoo and probably could have spent hours there. She pet a llama, an emu, but was afraid of the tortoise. She'd touch the tall, fast moving, try to eat your hair and hand animals but the slow moving boring one- yeah he's evil!

She was SO excited to ride on the train, especially to sit in a pink pig seat. (Just check out that cheesy face she was giving me!) But when the thing started moving she grabbed the sides tight and had a look of terror on her face. By the time they were done she was smiling again and asking for "more time".

Rosalee was confused at why the horse was moving

A rare awake moment from Zeke so I decided to show him some goats. His eyes kept going cross and he tried to roll out of my arms into my lap so I don't think he's a fan...

My mother-in-law bought Jesse a turkey leg one night and Rosalee just had to help him with it. I'm pretty sure it was as big as Zeke!

This was Rosalee's favorite thing, beside the animals, at the fair! She went on it every night we visited Jesse. She insisted on always riding in the pig seat. She even waited for the train to go once because she HAD to sit in the pig seat. She was so excited to ride it that she kept shaking her fists and grinning.
On Saturday Jesse was able to take a few hours off of work and come play with us. His boss gave him some free ride coupons so we took advantage of those and rode every kid ride (and some adult rides) we could. Zeke actually was awake for some of the fair (see my post about him being 1 month) but spent most of the time asleep in the stroller. I guess it doesn't matter since all he could do is sit and stare at things. Rosalee and Jesse enjoyed eating their way around the fair with corn dogs, lemonade, deep fried snickers, and other greasy delicious items while I had some chicken and potatoes from the Cajun restaurant booth. For as much fun as we had I was pleased with how little we actually spent. It's nice having someone work at the fair so we can get free/discounted things!

The ladies riding in style in a pink elephant

Rosalee ran up to the duck pond game and just started grabbing the ducks out of the water. The man just laughed and let her pick out a small toy. We gave him a dollar for being nice to us.

Rosalee's first roller coaster ride

This is one of those pictures that you frame and put on your desk I think. Rosalee is holding the dog that Jesse won for her at the dart game.

The only ride Rosalee didn't like was the merry-go-round. Odd, yet true. As you can see by the look of terror on her face she was convinced she was going to fall off. She kept saying, "all done mommy, please all done" it was both sad and hilarious.


Jesse and Tia enjoyed some big kid rides while I gladly stayed on the ground with the kiddos.

Exhausted from a fun day at the fair with the family

0 comments: