12 October 2008

Let the madness begin!!!

Little known fact about Marie James- she is a closet decorating fiend. I LOVE the holidays for two reasons, being with family and getting to decorate. My mom would always wait until I got home from college to put up the tree so I could decorate it. (Okay in reality I think my mom knew she could just put it off until I got there, but let me dream!) Without me at home the holiday season isn't as shiny. Today we started putting up some of our Halloween decorations. We still have lights to put up and pumpkins to carve but that will happen all in due time don't fret! From this point until early January my little house will be covered in lights, window stickers, various wreaths, etc. all for the viewing pleasure of my neighborhood. The only thing you will NEVER see in my lawn is one of those inflatable decorations. For some reason those bother me... but other than that anything goes!!

To add to the madness that we call life our dog (as seen above) is wearing a special collar. Are we too cheap for satellite? Are we trying out some possible Halloween costumes? I wish! Our dogs bottom eyelid popped out. Well, more of bubbled up... anyway, it was gross, red and irritating her to death. To keep her from clawing her eye out we put the collar on her. Thankfully with medicine and Jesse pushing the bubble back in our dog seems to back to normal. There is a chance that it could pop back out so now we wait and watch.

Obviously this isn't our dog, but it is the eye that popped out on her. This is called "cherry eye" and if it happens repeatedly we may have to have it surgically fixed! Some how the person who takes a million pictures didn't take a picture of the dog's gross eye.

More madness you say... okay! My mom and aunt are on a north bound train from New Orleans as I type. They arrive tomorrow morning in Chicago and we're driving to get them and spend a day in Chicago. Chicago is one of my favorite cities so I'm excited to be able to show it to my mom and aunt. So it'll be a crazy week of spoiling the daylights out of Rosalee, being with family, touring Indiana, and OF COURSE taking pictures.
Final statement- I dyed my hair. It is my natural (I think so...maybe??) hair color and I plan on growing my hair out, and cutting it short, so I can for the 1st time in 10ish years actually have my hair be my true natural color.

2 comments:

Charlene said...

Cute decorations, nasty dog eye bubble, but cute hair color and cut. So, all in all, nice post. :)

Miss you

Rognon Photographers said...

I ditto what Charlene said, and add that in the post before I love all the pictures in that one as well and I thought your cupcakes were actually really cute!