19 June 2008

Rose Morris

Today my grandmother Rose Morris passed away. She was a mother of 6, grandmother of 11, and great grandmother of 3. The Rose in Rosalee comes from her name and I'm VERY thankful she was able to meet Rosalee before she died. My grandmother was the kind of person you fell in love with instantly. (In fact that's what happen to my grandfather over 50 years ago in Pennsylvania!) She took me on my first plane flight when I was 10, entertained me with stories of her and my grandfather, traveled to Europe with my mother and me, was strong in her religious convictions, was overly giving, was addicted to dying her hair, believed in the importance of tradition, and loved her family more than anything. She will be GREATLY missed, but it's wonderful to know that she's finally at peace.

At my grandpa's graduation from Villanova and at my aunt's wedding in a dress my mom made

With her sister-in-law on one of our trips to Philly and with Rosalee last December

2 comments:

lindsey said...

hey. got your message late last night. i'll call you tomorrow--i am WAY over my minutes fom trying to get maddies medical records transfered.

....AND i am so sorry to hear about the passing of your grandma!

...hope rosalee is doing betta

Michele said...

That is amazing that your grandmother was able to meet her great granddaughter. What a privilege to meet someone named after you. I'm sure she will be missed but is in a better place now.